Leaving | Chapter 32

In the room, Chaeyoung was thrashing the cabinets, closet, drawers, collecting everything that was hers. She couldn't take this. Lisa knew how much Chaeyoung has been through because of her mother's passing due to cancer. How could Lisa just simply put this word near her lips like that? It was like Lisa was mocking Chaeyoung indirectly, using this stupid word to get out of being responsible for her own actions knowing that Chaeyoung would give it up. It really broke Chaeyoung's heart to realise how selfish Lisa was.

She was in a crying mess, her tears streaming down her cheeks continuously as she frantically packed her items, wanting to get away from her lover. As you can tell, the older girl was truly heartbroken by what just happened. Even if Lisa wanted to lie, she could've used something less sensitive towards Chaeyoung's feelings, instead of using the thing that caused her mother's death. She was rushing through everything in the room, ransacking the room. Then, she stumbled across this very familiar looking book.

Her first instinct was to obviously take the book out. It was a black sketchbook, with the words 'Touch and your hands are gone'. Then it hit her that the black sketchbook was her book of drawings she draw of Lisa. Chaeyoung cried harder, her shoulders falling each time. She still loved Lisa no doubt, but she really couldn't believe this feeling of betrayal. She looked at the different pages with sadness roaming through her whole body. Her memories were leaving her living being through her eyes, and that was one of the most painful things ever.

The intricate drawings in that sketchbook, the many pictures at the back of the sketchbook that Lisa wanted her to draw of them together. Every one of the pictures brought back memories. Her heart clenched the hardest it ever has in her life, she fell onto the ground as she ran her hands through her hair painfully. In that moment of anger, she tore one of the drawings of them and she let out a scream of pain.

That scared Lisa. She raced up the stairs, "Chaeyoung!" To her surprise, she saw her lover, her soulmate on the ground, crying with the sketchbook and a torn masterpiece. It seemed like her heart has been hammered by someone and it hurts worse than suffering a thousand paper cuts. She felt her own hands shaking as she slowly squat down to hold Chaeyoung's arm trying to help her up, "Chaeyoung... I'm sorry."

"Stop touching me!" Chaeyoung shouted, shoving Lisa back again and causing her to fall this time around. The older girl got up and zipped her luggage, which made Lisa spring to her feet.

She grabbed onto Chaeyoung's wrist desperately, "Baby, don't go please!" Lisa started to get scared and she was rather confused as to why Chaeyoung was leaving. Was it because she didn't want to take care of Lisa anymore? "Why are you leaving me behind? Don't go please!" Lisa begged.

Chaeyoung turned back, eyeing Lisa coldly, "Why am I leaving you? You're irresponsible, a shameless liar and a terrible person!"

Lisa's eyes turned sad. She didn't think that not discussing her resignation would make Chaeyoung think she was a liar. In real fact, they were upset over two different matters.

"I had my reasons too!" Lisa shouted to retaliate, her annoyance since just now has erupted. After she realised she raised her voice, her eyes widened. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to—"

The Australian scoffed through her tears, "What reasons? That you have 'cancer'? Come on, think of a better excuse Lalisa Manoban." Her tone was the coldest and harshest Lisa has ever heard. The younger girl's heart shattered into a thousand, or even million pieces upon how little her lover trusted her.

Chaeyoung really took Lisa's illness as a lousy excuse just to get out of explaining? Ouch.

"You really think I'm lying about this? How I wish I was lying to you right now Park Chaeyoung!" Lisa yelled, truly angered by the insensitivity of the older girl.

For a moment, Chaeyoung believed Lisa. But she was too stubborn to believe it.

Lisa was too angry to think her words over, "You wanted to leave didn't you? Get out then."

There Chaeyoung stood, like ice froze her feet. She felt like she couldn't move at all; she didn't want to. The girl couldn't believe it. All this perfection of their relationship has to shatter because of this stupid thing? How many times does Chaeyoung have to deal with this stupid thing called cancer? She has lost enough, so much that she wanted to end it.

They said nothing, but exchanged pained looks.

"Get out!" Lisa shouted, pointing to the door.

Chaeyoung did so, she scoffed in anger, fury, disappointment and sadness before she walked out of the door for the last and final time.

That was the end to everything. All the memories, all the romance. It was all an illusion. Nothing would ever be this good to Chaeyoung and Lisa would never deserve this love that Chaeyoung gave.

Heartbroken, Lisa sat on the couch and continued crying. She had never let someone in so easily in her entire life and Chaeyoung was the very first person she has officially fallen for. And officially the first person who broke her heart, unfortunately. She just couldn't believe it. How Chaeyoung used to believe her so easily and now she doubted the most truthful thing she has said.

This made her wonder. Why did she ever lie to Chaeyoung. It was a terrible mistake to make knowing how vulnerable the older girl was, how she used to rely on self infliction to take away her pain.

A bitter smile was drawn on Lisa's face after she had that thought. The joyful memory of Lisa being Chaeyoung's reason to kick that habit was one of the best. Now, she knew that the older girl will find someone else to kick that habit for, and in all honesty, she felt so bitter, and unhappy about that.

There will always be a part of Lisa that will hold onto Chaeyoung and will love her unconditionally. She would choose anything over Chaeyoung, over and over just to prove to her that she loved her. She sighed defeatedly, realising that it was too late because she had lost Chaeyoung forever.

There was no reason for Lisa to push on anymore.

Chaeyoung ran far away, taking a taxi to Jisoo's place with warm tears threatening to fall with every step she took. Everything was over between them for her. She had given up on trying to prove that she cared and will love her no matter what. Lisa has just let go of her and there was no use in holding on anymore.

The both of them, heartbroken but yet not mending each other, only drifting further. It was a pity that this great and epic love couldn't be salvaged.

a/n: i know this is pretty short but i hope you guys enjoy!! i love supercorp👍🏻😛 but HECK episode 7 of season 5 is so sad

also i love this edit ^