Worried | Chapter 28

The next day, Lisa woke up early and left Khun Mae's to go for her health check up. She took a taxi to the hospital, her heart was beating a mile every minute.

She didn't want to know what was waiting for her on that health report but it was the best for Chaeyoung and her. Even though she knew it was an asshole move, she thought that this would keep Chaeyoung strong and fine.

Imagine if Lisa had told Chaeyoung that she actually couldn't go overseas because of her health condition.

Just then, her phone lit up, showing a message that Chaeyoung had sent her. An unnoticed smile was drawn over her lips.

There were such simple messages.

Chae💕💍

good morning baby. just got up

i'm guessing you're still on the plane?

text me when you're in your hotel

love you ❤️

good morning to you too|
good morni|
|

Lisa felt her heart ache. It was so difficult to try to keep this lie going on. She knew very clearly that this was unacceptable because of the number of times she was going to lie just to cover up for herself.

She put her phone away, trying to be as emotionless as possible. However, it was almost impossible to feel that way. The raging emotions that Lisa was feeling for Chaeyoung was enough to make her feel bad for a small thing. Now? She has to deliberately ignore her messages just to make sure it wouldn't be suspicious.

However, Chaeyoung on the other hand was just home, constantly missing her girlfriend who she thought was in Paris. Everything she's doing now has this sense of emptiness. Getting ready in the morning without the other half of her heart was no fun at all.

Sighing, Chaeyoung forces herself to get ready quickly before she drove to her office. Entering her lobby alone was something new that she ought to get used to.

"Morning Miss Park," the receptionist greeted politely.

Chaeyoung smiles in return, "Good morning Kwon Jae."

She then proceeded to go up to her desk and she sat. Her mind was still clouded by Lisa, every inch of her body was worrying if her girlfriend was doing okay. Frustrated, she squeezes her eyes shut, forcing herself to focus. Deep down, she knew Lisa would take good care of herself.

In the hospital however, the younger girl's skin was crawling in anxiety as she waited for her turn to do an overall check up.

Both of them were so lost without each other's presence, it made them feel like it was hard to survive without each other.

"Miss Manoban?" The doctor called out. She stood up and entered the room. The scent of medication stung her nose. A shiver was sent down her back and she squeezed her eyes shut for a split moment.

She hated doctors and hospitals, but what else could she do?

After a good hour, Lisa was finally done with all the stations. She has been notified that she had to wait for another hour before she could get the results back. Seeing the extra time she had, she decided to drop by one of the jewellery shops nearby.

Of course, she purchased the most extravagant one considering this was the most beautiful ring she has seen. Smiling, she left the store happily and she headed back to the hospital.

Back at the office, Chaeyoung was going crazy. The amount of work she had today was too much. Mr Sung had watched Chaeyoung sort out his files the whole time and he just sighed.

He knew that Chaeyoung was not focused but he didn't want to say anything to add fuel to the fire so instead, he said, "Chaeyoung, take a break."

The girl looked at him, a little stunned, "It's okay Mr Sung. I can handle it." She knew she was lying but she didn't want to lose her job either.

"It's fine. Just take a break," he said, giving her the look of acceptance. She sighed, leaning back into her chair and running her hand through her hair. Eyes shut, she exhaled. Her boss chuckled, "You could've just told me if you were this stressed out."

Chaeyoung sighed once again, meeting her boss' eyes, "I'm sorry Mr Sung."

The man shook his head, reading the troubled expression plastered over the girl's face, "Are you worried about Lisa?"

The mention of her girlfriend's name made her shudder. She didn't want thoughts flashing in her head again because she was still brooding over how her girlfriend hasn't responded to her text messages, "Of course I am. These days she's so tired and stressed over managing the Publications Board that she has been skipping meals and staying up. She also have these back pains that never seem to go away."

The male blinked curiously, "Back pains?"

"Yeah," Rosé nodded, wringing her fingers. "Now she's in Paris and she isn't replying my messages..."

Mr Sung frowned. He himself found this fishy, why hadn't Lisa told her about it? About her not being able to go abroad?

"Actually—"

"Sir," Meonji called, standing by the door and holding a set of files. "These are some information that the Publications Board have found while at the meeting in Paris today."

Chaeyoung felt her mood dampen by at least ten times. So Lisa was actually already free? But she didn't wanna respond? She sighed loudly before she continued her work. Mr Sung noticed the sudden change in Chaeyoung's attitude and decided collect the files before sending her out.

Chaeyoung's boss remained silent about Lisa's health condition because he thought that Lisa might have her own reasons to why she kept quiet about this. For all he knew, it was because of something private.

a/n: super late update i'm so sorry but i'm living like a handicapped now because my knee is so painful jdncjckcjv

btw this is unedited i'll re-edit