Promises | Chapter 27

On the way back from work, Lisa and Chaeyoung talked about the younger girl's business trip to Paris. Chaeyoung was sharing her concerns on how Lisa should be careful while she's abroad.

Lisa just smiled adoringly, "I know baby. I will. Don't worry so much, I'm a grown adult just like you."

Chaeyoung scoffed, "You're a kid and you don't want to argue with me on that."

Lisa pouted while Chaeyoung couldn't help but crack a smile. She was feeling particularly worried for her lover because Lisa has never left her side in the past month since they've moved together and now, they've ought to spend a month away from each other.

"I'll miss you so much," Chaeyoung spoke as she pouted. "I just wish you'll fail that health check up tomorrow and not go for the business trip."

Lisa chuckled before kissing the older's girl hand, "It's just a month, it's gonna pass quickly."

"Yeah it better."

The Thai girl smiled wider, silently feeling so happy that blissful that she has met Chaeyoung and decided to woo her. She always felt so appreciated, loved and safe with Chaeyoung, she wouldn't be able to imagine a life without her.

They got back into their home, Chaeyoung helping Lisa to pack her luggage before she had to leave. They both had a great time doing the smallest things like packing because it just felt so right with each other. To the Australian girl, Lisa felt like the brightest sunshine to her and she made a promise to herself to only stay close to people who feel like sunshine. No doubt, Lisa made her realise that sunshine was the best thing in her life.

Chaeyoung tossed one of Lisa's hoodies over at Lisa, the hoodie landing on her head, causing the blonde girl to laugh out loud. Lisa however, just smiled at the joyful laughter of her lover. Those giggles were the things that never failed to make her heart skip a beat. Whenever Chaeyoung's happy, Lisa would be happy too.

After packing all of Lisa's travel necessities, she caught Chaeyoung between her arms and hugged her tight, peppering kisses all over. Chaeyoung giggled like a little girl getting her favourite toy and she squealed a little. The both of them fell in bed, laughing out loud and sighing in a certain sense of relief. The best feeling to the both of them was each other's presence. The way their souls could be free and comfortable with each other was so unique, it was nearly impossible to ignore it.

And of course, just like every night they spent together, they fell asleep in each other's safe embrace, feeling at home.

Those two days passed faster than ever and the both of them were up in the morning, Chaeyoung thinking that Lisa would be going to the airport while Lisa pondering over what was wrong with her own body. Chaeyoung kisses Lisa on her lips gently but also longingly, as if telling her that she already misses her. Lisa responded by hugging her lovely girlfriend tightly, a small wave of despair washing over her, not sure why.

Lisa felt bad for lying to Chaeyoung like that. This was a big issue, but she didn't tell Chaeyoung because she didn't want her to worry about it either. But, Lisa's health check up wasn't approved by her company. The results showed that she had a health issue, but they were not sure what as they could not diagnose it just by a simple check up like that. Hearing how serious this was, she obviously was worried about what's happening to her. She decided to keep it from Rosé because she knew how stressed out the older girl would become.

"Do you need me to drive you?" Chaeyoung asked, looking at Lisa reluctantly, not wanting her to leave.

Lisa shook her head with an adoring smile, "No baby. It's fine. I'll take a taxi to the airport." Chaeyoung nodded, trying to mask her worry and anxiousness but she was not doing it well at all. Lisa smiled at how unusual her girlfriend was looking, and so she just grabbed her hand and pulled her into her chest. Lisa's warmth spread through Chaeyoung's body quickly as usual, and the older girl found herself fluttering her eyes close as Lisa caressed her head, "Don't be so worried about me. I'll be fine."

They exchanged goodbyes and then Lisa left the house. She had gotten Jennie to pick her up at the train station nearby so that Jennie would drop her off at her parents' place. As much as she would love to avoid any questions about why she would lie to Chaeyoung, she realised that this was the fastest way to get away from her home.

Once she got into the car, Jennie started to drive to Khun Mae's house, "Do you really think it's gonna be fine to keep her in the shadows like that?"

Lisa heaved a deep sigh, "I think so. I'll just keep it from her until I find out what it is."

"Alright then, just make sure she won't find out about this," Jennie reiterated. Lisa nodded before she blinked hesitantly. She wasn't sure if this was the way to go, but she knew one thing for sure is that she wouldn't want Chaeyoung to be stressed over her because it'll only make her feel bad.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone about this," Lisa said, sticking her pinky up in the air. Jennie hooked her own pinky around it and smiled.

"I promise."

Lisa got off at Khun Mae's place, knocking on the door before entering as she has already informed her mother of her arrival.

Khun Mae greeted Lisa with a warm hug, and she smiled at the presence of her daughter, "Hello Lisa."

The Thai smiled at the comfort, "Hey Mom."

They sat on the couch for awhile, and Khun Mae was just catching up with her daughter on her relationship and her life as of now.

Until this one point, when Khun Mae fiddled with her fingers before asking her precious daughter, "Do you think this is a good idea? Hiding it from Chaeyoung and keeping her in the dark..."

Lisa wished she wouldn't have to answer this question again, but inside, she knew that it would keep coming at her.

"It's not a good idea, but it's the smartest and the most selfless thing I can do for her," the younger girl responded with a smile. "I don't want her to be stressed out over nothing."

Khun Mae took Lisa's hands, "Just make sure you get checked."

"I will. I'll be going for a more detailed check up tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing serious..."

Oh, little did Lisa know that whatever she was going to find out would ruin both herself and her lover. It was a nightmare in the day, the thing that she knew Chaeyoung hated the most. But, she's got to accept it for that's her fate.

But she wishes she didn't have to accept this fate of hers.

a/n: hmm... sorry for the cliffhanger🤪