Release | Chapter 34

"Miss Manoban, you will need to do a scan after your therapy today to track the progress," the nurse informed Lisa, handing her the queue number.

Lisa blinked, "Oh. Thank you." She knew internally that it wouldn't be something good but she had no choice but to resign to her fate.

She sat alone outside the room, waiting for her number to called. There was a tinge of dread in Lisa's heart. She couldn't say that she had already fully gotten over the break up, but she really didn't expect Chaeyoung to react like that. If she would've just supported Lisa, they would've been here together with Chaeyoung's hand in Lisa's, reassuring Lisa that everything will be okay.

The Thai girl held her breath and closed her eyes, trying to push all the thoughts aside before she started getting upset about it. What's in the past is the past.

When it was Lisa's turn to go for the therapy, she sat on the seat uneasily. The nurse handed her a serving of pills, consisting of at least 5 pills. Lisa was confused slightly when she saw the nurse pushing a cart over.

"Sorry, may I know what treatment am I receiving?" Lisa questioned, eyes fixed on the needle on the cart. She hated injections, needles or anything in general. The girl was scared witless of sharp objects.

The nurse picked up a piece of alcohol wipe to clean the needle, "This is the normal treatment you're receiving Miss Manoban. Your normal radiation therapy. But since today is the first proper month of therapy, we would have to inject you to help with the breaking down of your cancer cells."

Lisa's heart drop into a pit of nothingness. She felt her stomach knotting with anxiety after hearing those words, "How often do I need the injection?"

"Every month. After each injection, we would have to do a scan to track the progress of the therapy and see whether the number of cancer cells are decreasing."

With that being said, Lisa just turned off. She hated the idea of this. She hated injections. She hated cancer. She hated life. Nothing could make her happy anymore. All that will stay is this miserable pain in her chest that burns and eats her whole.

First heartbreak, and now what? Sufferance? She would rather die. She wanted to. She have always wanted to after Chaeyoung dumped her. In all honesty, Lisa was just covering her real emotions. She just kept pretending to be alright so she could actually convince her head that she'll be okay.

But she isn't. She was yelling for someone to help, she was drowning but nobody could hear her screams for help. She had nobody anymore. Everyone despised her, hated her and gave up on her.

The nurse injected Lisa, causing her wince and cry. A tear ran down her cheek when she felt the pain raise up her arm like wildfire. Damn, how she hated these injections.

She looked around after the nurse pasted the plaster down for her. There were other people in the room with her, older women and men, younger kids and people who looked like they were the same age. The thing about it was that they were all accompanied by someone, be it their spouse, their parents or their partner.

She sat quietly as the nurse did what she had to, and then her eyelids started to grow heavy.

"Jisoo?" Chaeyoung called, walking downstairs to an empty living room. She raised her eyebrow and climbed back upstairs, pushing their door open, "Jennie?" The room was empty.

She checked every single room in the house but there was still no sign of them. Chaeyoung decided that nobody was home and went to cook herself some eggs to fill her tummy.

Chaeyoung felt the walls were thinning down on her, and that the kitchen was much smaller and restricted. She felt a rush of anxiety in her veins and she started to panic. Was she starting to hallucinate? She backed away, sitting on a chair to calm herself down.

Everything was normal. Why was she having these hallucinations? And it wasn't the first time. It happened every time she was alone. She has a developing fear of being alone each time, and she hated the idea of her in such a big house alone. Tears welled up in her eyes and she felt this huge wave of sadness taking over her.

She felt overwhelmed and the first thought was suicidal. She felt the need to do it again. But she told herself that she quit, and she won't ever do it again. Huge parts of her had already given up on trying to climb back up.

Maybe she just need a distraction from all this pain. Sighing, she planned the outing to a bar tonight. Drinking should do the trick and allow her to forget everything she had in mind.

In the meantime she finished her eggs, then got dressed in her exercise attire so she could go for a jog to distract her a little.

Chaeyoung clasped onto her mobile phone as she jogged along the pathway. There were some others jogging too, but everyone else who wasn't were walking along the streets with their friends, or significant others.

The girl tried the very best to spread her thoughts out as much as possible, so that it left the least space for her lost soulmate to sneak into her brain and ruin everything she has built up.

As much as she knew how much she was still in love with the younger girl, she still didn't want to acknowledge the part of her heart that told her, "What if she wasn't lying about it?" But she just couldn't bring herself to believe that her loved one actually had cancer.

Cancer... it kills, and in all honesty, Chaeyoung knew for a fact that she's escaping from the terrible sight of Lisa possibly dying from the same fight her mother lost as well. Chaeyoung just couldn't wrap her head around it. It didn't connect.

Lisa was healthy and well, she didn't look like she was suffering from cancer; unlike her late mother, who coughed blood upon her visit. Lisa was perfectly okay, and was not weak. Anger started to grow in Chaeyoung's stomach at the thought of being lied to.

But she suppressed it quietly as she quickened her pace. Her goal today was to run until she had no more troubles and at night go to the club and intoxicate herself.

Chaeyoung was not in a rational state of mind anymore. All she wanted now was just to be happy, someone who she could love, or someone to love her, and a life. She felt that this whole breakup was the end of the fucking world for her, but it was not.

Fortunately for her, she had a great boss to let her have this break, knowing how much Chaeyoung loved Lisa.

Being lied to, in your face is definitely not something pleasant, and Chaeyoung never expected the person whom she loved most to do that. For whatever reason.

She knew, that she'd bear this memory in her head forever and will never forgive Lisa.

a/n: unedited! it's 2.08 am rn imma do it tomorrow