A Little Off | Chapter 26

2 years later

"Baby?" Lisa called from the kitchen in their shared apartment.

Chaeyoung finished tying her hair before responding, "Yeah?"

"Could you come and help me with this? I really need to pee," Lisa requested in the midst of cooking. Chaeyoung shuffles down the steps and took over.

Jennie and Jisoo were coming over for dinner and to have a few drinks at their new house that they have just moved into about a day ago. The two of them purchased it with the money they both have earned.

In the same company, Lisa works as a manager in the section of publication while Chaeyoung was working as the CEO's secretary. Both are quite high paying jobs.

The younger girl dashed into the washroom while Chaeyoung watched the stove.

They have been dating for 3 years now, and Lisa was getting ready to pop the question anytime soon. She has laid her eyes on a few pairs of rings that would go perfectly on Chaeyoung's ring finger as an engagement ring. However, she felt that it was still a little too quick to ask now.

Lisa exited the washroom and approached Chaeyoung quietly from the back. She loved watching Chaeyoung cook because she knew that she could always embrace her beautiful girlfriend in a back hug. So she did, she wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's waist and hugged her tight before kissing her cheek.

"How are your back aches?" Chaeyoung asked while she stirred the soup.

Lisa pulled away little so she could look into Chaeyoung's eyes, "It doesn't hurt today. I guess it's getting better."

The younger girl has been getting back aches on and off but she had no idea what was happening. Sometimes these back aches keep her awake the whole night and it would ruin her mood so much. She would lose the mood to do anything, like getting out of bed, showering or even having sex.

Lisa's sex drive was always high, but after these back aches, everything went downhill. It's not that Chaeyoung didn't notice it, but because Chaeyoung didn't think much of it. Maybe Lisa's too busy.

"That's good. Your business trip is in a month, so please take care of yourself well," Chaeyoung reminded like a mother. Lisa smiled and nodded before pecking her lips.

Hours passed and both the older girls arrived, amazed by how big their house is.

"This house is a nice one," Jennie commented with amazed eyes. "And nice interior design."

Jisoo agreed, "I like Leo and Luca's cat house."

"Seriously baby? Is that all you notice?" Jennie laughed, placing her hand on Jisoo's shoulder.

Lisa chuckled before serving the food on the table, "Let's dig in. I'm starving."

The four of them talked over food, with the accompaniment of some wine. It felt like the times when they were back in school, having lunch together and it never failed to remind them of how far they've come as friends.

They remembered the pact that made with each other, to always keep in touch until they're old. And as of now, things still look fine.