Truth Taken as an Excuse | Chapter 31

When Chaeyoung got home from work, she had a long face because of how upset she had been at her girlfriend. Weren't relationships built on trust? Where has the trust gone to now? Thinking about this just made her exhale in anger. She tossed her keys on the table, waking up a tired Lisa from her bed.

"Babe? Are you home," Lisa called, walking down the stairs after hearing no response. There stood Chaeyoung, totally unbothered by her. Lisa started to wonder if all the working had made Rosé go deaf. Lisa cooed, "Chaeng?" (working makes people deaf? i have a bad sense of humor sorry)

Then the girl finally decided to respond. Chaeyoung knew she couldn't stay mad at Lisa even if she really wanted to. "What?"

Lisa raised her eyebrows at that more aggressive answer, "You seem off..."

"I'm not the only one then," Chaeyoung shot, turning the air around the two lovers stale. It stayed quiet, too awfully quiet that none of them knew how to salvage this mess.

"Uh..." Lisa decided to break the chilling silence. "Did I do something wrong?" she continued, getting the hint that Chaeyoung was upset with her.

Chaeyoung wasn't planning on being fully cooperative either, "Wouldn't you know best what you've done?"

At this point of time, Lisa could be entirely certain that Chaeyoung was upset with her about her resignation and in all honesty, Lisa doesn't know what to do to save herself.

"Listen baby, I know you're not happy about how I didn't discuss my resignation with you, and neither were you notified when I quit my job. But please, give me a chance to explain," Lisa cooed with pleading eyes, looking at Chaeyoung with all hope.

Chaeyoung had to give in, she could not bother to just push Lisa away, "Tell me then." Now Lisa was conflicted between lying again or just completely telling Chaeyoung the truth.

But if she was going to tell Chaeyoung the truth, how was she going to break it to her that, hey, your girlfriend is suffering from cancer and may die at anytime within these months? Lisa found herself tearing up just thinking about how to word it so she pressed her lips together to keep herself from crying.

Again, if she was going to lie to Chaeyoung, Lisa didn't know how many other lies she needed to tell until she finally gets untangled from this problem. It's upsetting when the younger girl opened her mouth to try to speak.

"Wait..." Chaeyoung said, biting the inner side of her cheeks to keep her burning eyes from letting tears fall. But she really wanted know this one thing, "D-did you even go? F-for the trip to Paris?"

Lisa's heart broke at the way Chaeyoung's voice came out as a stutter with such a painful tone she couldn't hold her tears in anymore.

"Did you?" Chaeyoung probed, her eyes turning sad because her gut feeling told her Lisa didn't.

The younger girl shook her head slightly, crying harder when she saw the mixture of shock and pain on her beautiful face. The way her beautiful eyes looked so upset was a very painful sight for everyone to see. It was like all the brightness in her eyes had gone; just like how Lisa's stars in the sky stopped shining and her night is just pure darkness. It slowly engulfs Lisa as a whole.

Chaeyoung gave Lisa a sad smile, "It's alright." That came out as if she was convincing herself that it was okay to her. She bit her lip and turned away, "It's okay. It's fine. I-I'm fine. It's alright, I don't blame you." She rambled on, her hands finding their way to her hair. Lisa took a big step forward, embracing her girlfriend as a way to show her undying love for her. To Lisa's horror, one of the things she hated most was face to face with her, rejection. Chaeyoung pushed her away, but in her defense, she was mad, upset, disappointed. "Don't touch me!"

Lisa stood, rooted on the spot as she looked at Chaeyoung. On her tear-stained face was drawn with disbelief. After all this time they have spent being together, being in love, Chaeyoung knew how much Lisa detested rejection from Chaeyoung. Lisa's heart broke after she realised that the person she loved most had just demonstrated the simplest act of losing all the love she had. But now, she had to get Chaeyoung back and she had to leave her feelings out of this, "I'm sorry Chaeyoung. I can explain. Please."

"You think apologising and telling me you can explain can solve everything? Do you know how worried I was the whole month when you lied to me? All those sleepless nights because I waited for your response thinking about the time difference between us when in fact you are just sleeping without even bothering to reply me. You always tell me you love me, you care for me and you would do anything for me, but you can't even get started over the smallest things like replying me? So this is what I mean to you, " Chaeyoung snapped, scoffing at the end of her words. She held this in for so long, after realising the change in attitude Lisa had to her but she never said it because she didn't want to hurt Lisa. But this time around, it seems like Lisa didn't even care about how Chaeyoung would have felt knowing that she lied.

Lisa felt angered by the way Chaeyoung spat those words without any consideration of her feelings. She just wanted to shout at the older girl that she was battling cancer but she kept the other girl's feelings on the top of her list, knowing fully well that Chaeyoung might not be able to take that fact in. The younger girl exhaled, "Do you really think I don't care about you, Chaeyoung? You know how much I love you and you don't need me to constantly reminding you, do you? I care about you more than anyone else and everything I do is fo—"

"Enough," Chaeyoung stopped the younger girl. "Enough of your sugar-coated words. I'm tired of it!"

The younger girl's heart broke when her mind wandered to her special gift, but she pushed everything aside, "What can I do? To make you believe me Chaeyoung. I can't lose you." She was genuinely hurt by what Chaeyoung said.

"There's nothing to do apart from giving me a good explanation," the older girl deadpanned.

Lisa clenched her fist in anger, the only plausible reason that Lisa could give was the truth about everything, "You wanted a good reason, a good explanation? Fine, I'll give it to you!" The blonde inhaled sharply, "I have cancer of the breast."

The room became silent, pin-drop silence. Neither one of them said anything nor did anything. They were both rooted to the ground, one because she couldn't believe what she had just heard and the other not able to believe what had just left her mouth. The need to question further and ask questions was there for Chaeyoung, but she couldn't believe it.

Lisa was using cancer as an excuse to get away from explaining?

Chaeyoung was overwhelmed by anger, tears were rolling down her cheeks. She gave Lisa the look of disgust and disappointment before she ran up the room and shut the door.

a/n: a lot of arguments are coming up soOoOo🖖🏻