Bar | Chapter 35

When the Thai girl opened her eyes, she felt the rising force from her stomach gushing upwards, causing her gag slightly. The discomfort in her body was making her feel utterly sick and disgusting.

Lisa has never ever felt like this before. All she ever felt in the past was pain in her body after every session, but now this pressure against her gut was making her want to vomit all her insides out. She felt the sudden force of substances against her throat and she knew she was going to throw up.

She grabbed one of the paper bags provided and let out all the nasty things that the hospital put into her body. The bitter taste in her mouth made her feel even worse and she felt her insides churning again.

Gulping, she stood up and threw the paper bag away, ready to leave. That was when the nurse can and stopped her.

"Miss Manoban, you're too weak to go back home alone. You'll need someone to accompany you back home to make sure you do not pass out or faint on the way back home," the nurse said, ushering her to the seat again. "Is there anyone here with you now?"

Lisa hesitated, blinking slowly as she considered whether she should lie and go back home alone, or let the nurses call someone to pick her up. The second thought came off very appealing, but the sudden memory that Chaeyoung was her emergency contact made her shudder in sheer sadness.

No, she didn't want to see her again. At least not now, at this state. If Chaeyoung wanted to believe that Lisa was lying about her illness and health, then so be it. Lisa didn't need to prove to Chaeyoung, or show her how weak the Thai girl actually is. There was supposed to be trust between them.

"I have someone driving me home," Lisa answered, almost regretting it immediately when she felt another urge to throw up. The nurse nodded and escorted her out of the room.

Once the girl stepped out of that torturous room, she felt like a bird, freed from its cage. Just that, it's a sick bird that's waiting to die.

Dying, Lisa has never thought of it in all honesty. But now it has crossed her mind. Was she gonna die young? Or maybe she'll fight on.

She sigh as she unlocked her car, realising that Khun Mae has called her.

She called back, "Mom? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I was just calling in to check on you," Khun Mae said, her tone a little strange.

Lisa raised her eyebrows, "I'm okay mom. Don't worry about me."

"Have you been attending your therapy sessions?" Her mom continued asking. Lisa frowned at that. Did Lisa tell Khun Mae about her being diagnosed with cancer? Or was she overthinking?

"What therapy session?" the brunette questioned.

Khun Mae sighed, "Your chemotherapy."

This made Lisa's head a mess. She didn't remember telling her own mom that she had cancer? She's only told her girlfriend— Oh wait. Not anymore.

"Wait— Mom, you know about it?"

She could hear Khun Mae's confusion, "Yes darling. I was the first one to know about it. Is Chaeyoung there with you?"

That name that rang in her ears never stopped. Her heart started to beat faster, remembering that she never told her mother about their split.

"Uh yes... she's here now," Lisa mindlessly responded, starting her car's engine.

"Tell her I said hello."

Lisa died internally, her whole heart just felt like it died.

"Alright. I'll talk to you again mom. Bye."