Dance | Chapter 14

The next day, Biology class ended and they both went for their break together with the older girls.

"Meet me at the dance studio after your class is over," Lisa said to Chaeyoung.

The older girl squinted, "Why?"

Lisa clicked her tongue, "You need to stop asking questions at times."

"I need details!" Chaeyoung protested.

The younger girl chuckled before leaning in closer to Chaeyoung with a smile, "You've got to be surprised in certain part of your life." Lisa grinned as she pulled away.

"But—"

"No buts!" Lisa interjected before Chaeyoung could say anything more. "Say another word and I will shut you up."

The older girl huffed before grumbling under her breath, "This is unfair."

"Is that something I hear from your mouth, Park Chipmunk?" Lisa asked. The older girl immediately shut up and shook her head. She was trying to push away the fact that her heart is pounding like crazy because of the pet name Lisa gave her.

"Enough with your flirting yet?" Jennie asked impatiently. Jisoo chuckled and continued poking her broccoli. "It's ruining Jisoo's appetite."

"Sorry."

"Shut up."

Lisa and Chaeyoung both said different things at the same point of time and Lisa scoffed at the older girl, "What are you apologising for dummy?"

"I'm not a dummy," Chaeyoung retaliated with a squint.

The younger girl laughed, "Oh damn you are Chaeyoung. You don't even know why you're apologising for."

"That doesn't make me a dummy. At least I'm not a coward," Chaeyoung shot back with a fake smile.

"Nice one Chae!" Jennie said, high fiving the taller young girl.

"Oh burn!" Jisoo said to Lisa, teasing her.

Lisa scoffed, "Stop ganging up against me." The bell rang, ceasing their conversations. The youngest girl huffed before sauntering to her locker with Jennie to get her materials for the next class.

Classes without Chaeyoung had became a pain in Lisa's ass. They weren't appealing to her anymore. Geography used to be Lisa's favourite subject, but now? It's Biology. Geography is just a chore to her now. All the memorising of paragraphs has became difficult and uninteresting to her.

Lisa thinks that it isn't because of Chaeyoung of course. She doesn't want to admit defeat just yet. Maybe it was simply because Lisa liked the older's company because she'd have someone to actually talk to when she's bored in class.

Or maybe, she just really likes being near Chaeyoung.

After another painful 3 hours of class, the bell finally rang and Lisa sighed in relief before slamming her head on the table top in annoyance. She didn't understand anything her Mathematics teacher was saying which led to her not being able to solve equations.

Lisa had no idea why she had been this distracted the past days. Was it possibly Chaeyoung's sudden lip lock with her? She answered that answer in a split second. No. Lisa wasn't a sucker for love ; she's not giving in.

She sat in the dance studio, waiting for the older girl to arrive. Lisa actually had nothing in mind to do with the other girl. All she wanted to do was just talk to Chaeyoung about everything. She really just wanted to have some time alone with her.

Lisa groaned before squeezing her eyes shut. She hated that Chaeyoung could just invade her thoughts like that. It was so easy and simple that immediately Lisa was smiling because of some thought of Chaeyoung.

The sudden knocking of the door interrupted Lisa's thoughts. She opened the door to be greeted by Chaeyoung standing in front of her.

"Hi," Lisa breathed, moving aside so that Chaeyoung could enter the dance studio. The older girl placed her bag with Lisa's at the corner before sitting down on the ground and looking at Lisa from her spot. "What?"

Chaeyoung squinted, "So why am I here?"

Lisa shrugged, "In all honesty, I have no plans."

"Then I should leave right?" Chaeyoung asked, leaning her weight back on her hands placed on the ground with her legs stretched out.

Lisa clicked her tongue from the middle of the dance studio, "I just wanted to dance... with you." The last two words came out as a mere whisper. "I mean— If you want to dance or if you even dance."

"I sing more, but yeah. I do!" Chaeyoung smiled, getting up on her feet.

An excited smile made its way on her face as she walked over to her phone.

"Please play 'All We Know' by The Chainsmokers," Chaeyoung requested with a sheepish smile.

Lisa nodded, excited to see what her possible crush would do. Her eyes were glued onto Chaeyoung when the starting of the song played.

The older girl started moving, her movements so graceful and soft that it practically hurts. It was so perfect when the lyrics came, her moves matched the song so well. Lisa's eyes were all on Chaeyoung. She never knew that Chaeyoung dancing was something she needed in her life.

It was about half way through the song, and Chaeyoung stopped, turning to Lisa and laughing. The younger chestnut girl raised her eyebrows and paused the music.

"I ran out of moves," Chaeyoung said, approaching Lisa with a sheepish smile. Lisa's heart softened at the sight of Chaeyoung's red cheeks after dancing. The thin layer of perspiration on her forehead just combined both hot and cute into one.

Lisa grinned, "It's fine! Your dance was great. You're so good."

Chaeyoung scoffed, "Says the dance club captain."

"No, like literally. Your movements are beautiful."

The older girl laughed, "Fine. I guess that's a thank you then." Lisa's grin grew wider. "Can I watch you... dance?"

The latter hesitated, before nodding. "Not the best dancer."

Lisa played 'Attention' by Charlie Puth and danced to it. Each move was so effortlessly charismatic, it left Chaeyoung in awe. Her eyes and all her attention was Lisa's. The way Lisa jumped at certain points and the way her body moved to the song never failed to make Chaeyoung fond.

The song ended, and Lisa signalled for Chaeyoung to join her. The other girl compromised and sauntered over.

"Let's dance," Lisa said, smiling. "Together."

Chaeyoung squinted, "Like slow dance during prom or..."

Lisa laughed, "No Chaeng." The younger girl reached out for the older's hand. Once their skin met each other's, it felt like fireworks through Chaeyoung. Lisa's fingers wrapped around the wrist of Chaeyoung's and the latter's soft fingertips rested on the delicate, smooth skin. With that grip Lisa gently pulled Chaeyoung closer.

The proximity of them wasn't too close but not too far either, and Lisa smiled fondly at the older girl.

"Have you seen couples dancing together to pop music?" Lisa asked, standing behind Chaeyoung and looking at her through the mirror in front of them. "As a duo?"

Chaeyoung's eyes never left Lisa's through the mirror, "I did."

"Let's dance like one."

"One what?"

"One couple."

a/n: ;)