♤ 38- The Witch ♤

Start from the beginning

"Probably," I muttered.

"Irony was, in everything they competed to have, most of the time they ended up having the same thing. How? Let me tell ya," she chuckled. "Ever since the rivalry began, both always end up having the same results and cumulative GPAs at the end of every school year or semester."

My eyes widened in amusement.

"Seriously??"

"Yup. Except once in our third year as undergraduates when Kylo had a 3.8GPA on 4 while Roman had a 3.5GPA."

"Oooh, that must've pissed Roman off," I chuckled.

"You bet it did. He was butthurt while Kylo was on cloud nine. He even organised the biggest end of year party of that year and had the nerve to invite Roman," she chuckled.

"Ouch. That's wrong. Kai did him dirty on that one," I laughed. "Knowing Roman, he probably tried to get his revenge, didn't he?"

"Of course," Clio mused and I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"I knew it. Let me guess, he beat him in the fourth undergraduate year? He scored higher?"

"Nope. They continued to share the same scores from that time until now," she mused. "But he got his revenge in another way."

"How??"

"Our fourth year was the year of the next students election."

"Oh no."

"Yup. Roman originally had no intentions of participating in the elections but changed his mind when he found out that Kylo was going in for the spot of student president."

"He did not dare!" I laughed.

"Fuck yeah, he did," Clio mused. "Roman went in for the same spot. The student campaign was impressive that year. You should've seen it. The competition was real. Roman being the most competitive of both ended up with the post as you can see today. He had three extra votes compared to Kylo who had no choice but to become vice president."

"Oh my goodness."

"It was the talk of the year because people compared the three extra votes Roman had won with to the three extra GPA points Kylo had passed him with in our third year," she said. "Kylo never got over and it even caused a fight."

"They fought??" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Kylo had started it. It was and still is the scariest fight ever witnessed in TUPA. It was violent and they had to pay up for the school property they'd destroyed. It was the scariest because no one was winning and they just kept on hurting themselves endlessly."

I had goosebumps just imagining it all.

"It got really bloody and five coaches had to stop them by using extremely strong spells. They were suspended for a while, were severely punished and made to repair their mistakes and the destroyed property by themselves. Took them two months," she mused. "Luckily, their posts in the government weren't taken away from them."

"Hmm! Man, must've been a crazy era."

"It was. But luckily after graduating in fourth year and becoming Master's freshmen, the tension between them seemed to have decreased greatly until now. From then until now, they've never gotten into a serious argument or fight," she explained. "True that they tease and provoke each other from time to time but that's it. They never fought again and now they just prefer to ignore and avoid each other as much possible."

I nodded, finally understanding the dislike between them.

"So much happened back then that it wouldn't be surprising if they don't even remember that they used to be friends."