♤ 28- Combat ♤

Marjani's POV:

Marjani's POV:

I sat with Sharik in his room later that same evening. It was three hours after the training had ended.

"I have no idea what came over me," Sharik scoffed as he ate the dinner I'd brought him from downstairs.

He was back to normal and very okay.

"I just remember getting pissed to the bones and then blankness," he added.

"We all saw that. The fact that anger brought your fourth power to light and mine as well is quite fascinating, I guess. Once angry, we were able to summon our powers, powers we didn't know we even had," I stated.

"I know right," he put his plate down. "What did coach Valkyrie say? As from what he'd explained to us today, category X have three gifts and Sphinixes five and above. I'm clearly too powerful to be in category A or B, and so, what am I? What did he say?"

"We don't know yet. He said he will have to test a certain group of students further to be sure of their category. And how will he do that? He'll put them against the Sphinixes."

Sharik turned pale just as I'd expected.

"What? Don't tell me..."

"Yup," I nodded. "You might be– no, you will be amongst those that will be put against the Sphinixes."

I braced myself as I told him this, knowing it would freak him out. And it did.

"What?!"

"That's what coach said but wait! He said everything would be alright and that he would test those on his new list, in the form of a game and not a combat."

Sharik scoffed.

"That doesn't convince me at all. I don't want to face the sphinixes, Marji. I fucking don't. If I'd known this was it would turn into, I would've let myself get defeated by that icy dude so I would be at peace right now."

I understood his worries and honestly I would've been scared too.

"It's going to be alright," I said and stood. "You should rest some more. I'll check on you tomorrow morning, okay?"

He sighed and nodded.

"Don't think about it too much, Rik. As long as we don't die. Right?" I chuckled and he rolled his eyes, laying on his bed.

"Let me just leave," I mused and eventually left his room.

As I walked down the corridor, I couldn't stop thinking of what might happen the next day. I was going to have to face another student from category X. A student that had a little more experience and training than me.

Honestly, I was worried at first but after seeing how courageous my brother had been, I began to think a little more positively. I began to feel like I could actually pass the test and prove that I belonged in category X, even though I'd only discovered a single gift so far.
~~