No relpy

"Nazira?!" More strength in the voice but still no reply.

"Nazira Asia Donotello!!!"

I felt his hard grip on my shoulder letting the darkest submerge when I opened my eyes coming face to face with his burning ones. There was no drink in his hand and no worry on his face he was mad.

"OPEN YOUR MOUTH NOW!!!!" I shook my head smiling watching him make a damn fool out of himself each and every time I would do the same routine, smile for the picture, bring joy to my father, then burn my lungs to hell while watching his face.

"NAZIRA I'M GOING TO COUNT TO 3 AND IF YOU HAVEN'T OPENED YOUR MOUTH BY THEN, I'M GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!!"

"Mhm." My cheeks were puffy big and face was starting to look like my pink dress I could go all day with him. People watched but didn't dare to speak of course seeing a little girl get threatened isn't their problem.

"1!"

My eyebrows raised then furrowed taking the steps to rile him up.

"2!"

My smirk began to fade as I saw his hand raise in the air.

"3!"

Slap

A hard clapping sound echoed through the air as I opened my squinted eyes in fear seeing my mother on the ground holding her face with one arm up shielding me.

"GET HER AWAY FROM ME NOW!!!!"

I was picked up and felt like I was flying feeling the fast paced wind as I was rushed in the house in the arms of the only person I ever loved. I still felt his presence and the craziness and pressure of my status, "Breathe honey." The same angelic voice I heard in my childhood songs.

"Come on Nazira, breathe for mommy."

The breath I held in for 6 straight minutes gone erased and released from my mouth letting my heart capture the air I was pleading for, the fresh air. She pulled me into a tight hug washing a cloth for her face.

"I'm sorry ..... again."

"Oh baby, I'm not mad. I can never be mad at you for standing up for yourself."

"But you got hurt. Again?" A single bowed head was enough for my mother to wrapped her arms around me holding me close to her chest.

"I would get hurt as many times as it took to make sure that you don't, ok. And it doesn't even hurt anymore mi amore." She smiled the best fucking smile I grew to love all my childhood, the one you could never get sick of or ever forget.

She took me to a room and slid a glass window open revealing a balcony that looked down on the whole other side of the garden the one me and her enjoyed to play at. Where me and the best dogs in the world continue to do so, I lived there with my mother at night and day.

"Nazira."

"Yes?" I looked up at her with my big brown eyes.

"Mommy has something to give you," She took off a necklace that was golden and black in the center having a clip on the outside making me stir in curiosity. "This is yours now. I want to give it to you because it means a lot to me and so do you."

I looked up at her with widen eyes letting her lift me up over the baloney securing my waist around, taking the necklace and putting on my little neck. It hung over a bit but I loved it!

"Looking like a real cute princess over here! Adorable mi amore." I flashed a smile and a wave like what princess do.

"Thank you mommy! I love love love it!!!"