86 - It is time

[Akita]

We have just been told by Sorla and Mistake that I am dying, my life force is escaping my body from the moment I left the Never Realm. They are not sure why, but it must have something to do with Ruby, she is in danger, she is struggling for some reason, dying slowly in the alternate timeline, and so am I.

Lloyd clench his fist, he is beyond angry, but still, he is controlling his fury better than I would. Strange enough I didn't feel angry, only weird somehow, as if I knew that was coming. Maybe that was what Ruby was trying to tell me.

-"There are not two of us, only one, or we survive or we don't." Her words suddenly meant a lot to me. "Save us, Akita." How can I do that if I can barely stand on my legs right now?

-"And...when were you planning to tell us that?" Lloyd asked Mistake and Sorla after a deep breath.

He still has his arm around me, rubbing my skin, trying to comfort me, or maybe comfort himself. I don't know, everything feels like in slow motion.

-"We were not!" - Mistake answered his question.

-"What?" - Lloyd fidget by my side, he would lose his cool any second, I thought.

-"Why would we tell you, Lloyd, what difference would that make? You both know what is going to happen, and none of us knows what would be the outcome, we can only hope it will be the right time, and we can save Ruby and Akita at once."

Lloyd took another deep breath, I could tell he was about to start screaming at Mistake and Sorla. So, I grab his arm, making him look at me with his angry green eyes. I touched his flushed with rage cheeks with the back of my hands, and I saw his eyes smiling at me. He wrapped both of his arms around me and joined his forehead to mine.

-"Do you remember when I broke a leg? I mean the wolf broke a leg, and a few other bones, to be honest, that was pretty bad, hum?" I asked him only in his mind, I didn't want anyone to hear us. He nodded back at me, staring into my eyes."I didn't think I would survive, neither did you, but you kept repeating to me 'we would be fine' and I believed in you. I believe you now, more than ever before! They are right, Honey! Honestly what difference would that make? - You already saved me, more than once. Save me again, Lloyd, if someone can do it, is you. I trust you, with all my body and soul. Don't let anger distract you, do what you must, do it for us."

-"We will be fine, Red, I promise you." - he said only for me to hear, kissing my forehead. I buried my face on his neck, finding comfort in his arms, just like the first time when he saved me in the Never Realm.

Once the Destiny Bounty landed in Moridunum, he carried me into Okami's house and put me in bed.

-"Try to rest, and save your strength for what is coming! OK? I love you, Red." - He told me as I drank another batch of Sorla special tea. I didn't have to try very hard, as soon as I rested my head on the pillow I fell asleep.

-

-"Akita!"

-"Ruby! Where are you and what is going on?"

-"Our time is running out, but the good news is we are finally aligned."

-"What do you mean? "

-"You will find out very soon. Be strong, for all of us."

-

[Lloyd]

I stand in front of Okami's House, an overflow of memories from that place and different timelines cascade in my mind.

Everyone was gathering around me to hear what I had to say.