47 - Wolf Girl

[Lloyd]

Kim could not figure out what was causing Akita's fever. She asked me to get out of the room for a while so she could change Akita's wet clothes. Pixal was there to help.

-"Kim, is she safe here, or shall we take her to a hospital?" I asked Kim once I returned.

-"she is safe here, Lloyd, let's keep her under observation and see how she reacts to the medication. We have here all the resources we would have in the hospital, anyway, and I am here all day I will take care of her, I promise..." She said while attaching monitors to Akita's arm.

-"Thanks, Doc..." - I said playfully, she smiled back, she knows I am worried.

-"Don't worry Lloyd, I am sure she will be just fine, go and get yourself a drink, I am sure you must have missed your super sweet hot chocolate in the Never Realm."

-"yes, but, I am fine, I will not leave her side."

-"ok...  She will probably sleep for 3 to 4 hours with the sedation I have given her. I will go and get myself a coffee, I will bring you a hot chocolate. truce?"

-"I would love that... thanks again, Kim."

Akita calmed down a few minutes after Kim injected her with the medication, but kept babbling words in her language as if she is having a nightmare, I couldn't make sense of them. I thought would be a good idea to call for Sorla or Kataru. But, Zane was one step ahead of me, and Sorla suddenly entered the room.

-"a fever, hum... could just be a type of travellers fever, sometimes travel between realms can be a shock to the system." Sorla calmly tells me.

-"What is she saying, Sorla? I can't understand."

-"let me get closer" Sorla goes near Akita's face -"She is repeating again and again 'i am not her, she is not me' ..."

-"why? What does she mean? Who is she talking about?"

-"what do you think, Lloyd?"

-"The Wolf??"

-"No... she has always been very comfortable with The Wolf, she embraced The Wolf long time ago, even before she was granted her form."

-"who else then?"

-"Think Lloyd, two lifetimes, one girl..."

-"What, her other self, Ruby? But... they are the same person, the same soul, the same body..."

-"Different life experiences... I don't think Akita agrees they are the same... her immune system is fighting herself, and with all the power she holds, if she carries on fighting herself, She can easily destroy her own body. I need someone to take me to Moridunum, I shall be able to prepare something to help her, your human medicines wouldn't do anything for a Goddess."

-"OK, I will ask someone to take you there."

I briefly left the room to ask Jay and Nya to take Sorla wherever she needs to go. When I came back Sorla had her palm over Akita's forehead, saying a few words. As soon as she saw me she stopped and walk with Nya. Before leaving she comes very close to me and said:

-"Lloyd, you need to make her understand you do love her... not just her Soul, the wolf, but Akita the girl you met in the Never Realm."

-"But, I do! I love everything about her."

-"well... I am just telling you... she doesn't see this way. And that is what is making her so ill... a broken heart..."

-"I..." Sorla didn't wait for anything else I could've said... she just left.