77 - A special Jewelry

[Lloyd]

Akita and I went to Okami's House in Moridunum. She told me in the morning about a sisterhood bracelet Morrigan has shown to her, she would have had one exactly the same, apparently, they match each other, and were a gift from the Oni King once they were proclaimed Princesses.

She has asked Sorla about it, and Sorla told her it would likely be in Okami's house. We meant to visit the house since I brought her to Ninjago the first time, but so much happened since then we never had a chance. Still, with the imminent danger of the Time quake upon us, I thought we better do it before something else disturbing our peace again.

I can't help thinking about the fact that this is the place we have lived together for so many years in our previous life. And I couldn't be sure if it was a memory or just a daydream, but as soon as I saw her bedroom all I wanted was to kiss her, and maybe, just maybe go a bit further, I know she is wearing her implant now, so if she wants to, we could, maybe ...

But, I tried to blank all these thoughts, I didn't want her to find out what was on my mind. While we stood there looking at the bedroom, she somehow started avoiding looking at me, her expression was the same as when she is angry about something, and I got a bit confused. I mean, we were having a great day together, why would she suddenly be upset or angry?

Nevertheless, I know her better by now, sometimes she just needs a bit of time to articulate her own feelings, I know something is bothering her, could be all those memories of her alternate self... I know she will tell me when she reaches a conclusion.

We find a basement cave full of weapons, armour equipment, and special clothes, some of them really beautiful. There were boxes and drawers full of all sorts of staff. We know we were warriors in the previous life, and my guess is that everything was carefully kept into that place.

While I was inspecting the blades, Akita was looking into a drawer full of precious objects, my guess was she was trying to find the sisterhood bracelet. I kept watching over her, in case this bracelet is something to harm her, and suddenly she grabbed a necklace on her hand... a yin & yang necklace.

-"What have you found there? - I asked her.

-"No Idea! Do you know what it is?" - she passed it to me.

That took me by surprise because I have had with me for a while now a 'Yin & Yang' necklace I commissioned to be made for us, but I haven't found the right moment to ask her, yet... and now she found the possible original yin & yang, so I knew I had to say something.

-"We called a 'yin and yang', it is just like this one, I took the other one from my pocket, and showed both to her, and carried on explaining. "Traditionally, a guy, like me, gives it to his girl, in this case: you, to ask her to be forever his soulmate, it is an engagement token. I guess, now that you have found our original one, the new one looks quite humble."

-"what are you talking about? This one is very beautiful, I like it best. Did you make it for me?" She grabbed the new one from my hand.

-"well, I did not make that myself, but Yes, I have it done just for you, I am glad you like it."

-"and that means you want us to be mates, forever..."

-"yes... mates and soulmates, I want you to become my fiancé."

-"What is a fiancé?"

-"the stage just before you became my wife."

-"again... wife is just another word for female mate, correct?"

-"Correct..." I smiled at how she sometimes still struggles with all the new words she is learning.

-"I suppose, I accepted..." - she said.