85 - Anticipation

[Lloyd]

The night was warm and calm, not a cloud in the night sky, perfect shaped stars and a new moon.

Akita was sleeping peacefully in bed, while I kept staring at my bedroom window, I have this strange feeling of anticipation, something is coming. What I am watching is the calm before the storm.

I know I have prepared everything I could, the Ninja and Guardians are ready for fighting, we have allies, waiting for our call. Copper is prepared, Akron is ready, but where is my Mother?

Early on I spent a few hours with uncle Wu, trying to find a clue of why she is taking so long to return, we couldn't find anything. If Akron is right, she should eventually hear me calling, I only hope so.

-"Honey, what is wrong?" Akita's voice brought me back to reality.

-"Hey Red... have I woke you? go back to sleep, babe" I sat beside her on the bed.

-"No you didn't, it just doesn't feel right without you by my side." She said wrapping her arms around my torso.

-"I can't sleep, Red..."

-"What are you so worried about?" She said sitting in bed as well. She placed her soothing hands on my shoulders and started to massage them.

-"Mom...Copper... but, mainly you... and Ruby."

-"Tell about Ruby." - her healing power was working on my skin, slowly releasing my tension out.

-"and get you enraged by jealousy, no way."

-"I will not, promise..."

-"what do you want to know?"

-"Tell me about when you met her?"

-"I was heartbroken, and she fixed me."

-"You, heartbroken? You never told me that before."

-"Well, I had spoken about Harumi to you while in the Never Realm, as you said yourself 'like a lot, a lot'..." I said mimicking her exaggerated expressions and laughing a bit.

-"yikes... I remember, I got you had trust issues because of her, but didn't realise she had broken your heart as well."

-"well... I'm glad she did or I wouldn't have found you."

-"you mean, Ruby."

-"I meant what I said, you Akita, Ruby is you, keep that in your mind. You might not remember yet, but you created all the events that are about to unfold, to save us. I completely trust your judgment, you should know that."

-"what if I don't remember?"

-"you will..." I said realising I was getting very sleepy. "I think I can sleep now Red." I said closing my eyes and falling into her arms.

-"good... I love you... I hope we can push this through together." - She said kissing me good night.

-"we will Red...I love you more."

(before morning)

-"Lloyd, it is time"

-"Copper, am I dreaming?"

-"no, I am talking into your subconscious while you are still sleeping, but it is not a dream."

-"has Mom returned?"

-"no, but I can not hold anymore. In the next 12 hours, the temporal quake will hit your timelines. And we can only hope Mom will return by then."

-"what if she doesn't?

-"chaos... pure chaos."

-"so... let's hope for the best."

I suddenly got aware of my own body, still half sleeping in bed, and Red was just there on the top of me.

-"morning gorgeous, what do you want?" I cupped her face claiming her lips.

-"you know." - yes... I did... she was so lustily beautiful, that I forgot everything that was about to happen, forgetting even to check her wrist tracker.

5 hours later on the deck of the Destiny Bounty.

-"We are almost there, Lloyd. Do you want me to land or shall we stay in the sky." Nya asked me.

-"I think we should land, go to Okami's House yard." I answered Nya, turning to the rest of the guys "Zane, Pixal, have you managed to call everyone?" I asked. They were in charge to notify our allies.

-"Almost everyone. Are you sure about your father??" Zane asked me.

-"No I am not sure, but he might find this fight very interesting. Did anyone manage to locate him?"
-"Cole and Kim found the right location. They are almost there."

-"Zane, please tell them to not waste too much time, i need them here as soon as possible."

-"Sure."

-"So, I expected to see you leading your team that way, but never that soon, I am really impressed by you, Nephew."

-"You taught me well, Uncle!"- I smile at my uncle accepting his compliments.

-"Lloyd, you might want to know your girl is throwing her guts out..." Kai announced.

-"What? Where is she?"

-"Toilet... She is sick as a dog.. or should I say: sick as a Wolf-wolf?"

-"Not funny Kai!" - I said leaving the deck in a hurry to check on her. Kai was just behind me.

-"Akita! - What is wrong?"

-"Bhuahn... I don't like Destiny Bounty anymore, the motion is killing me." - She said before throwing up again. I held her hair out of her face and grabbed some paper to clean her out.

She looked pale as paper, the red marks on her face were a faded tone of pink.

-"Kai, would you please get Mistake or Sorla??"

-"Sure! Here, use this!" - he said, passing me a towel.

-"Thanks"

I cleaned Akita, and grabbed her in my arms to take her to one of the cabins, she was floppy in my arms.

-"Red, that is a very bad time for you to be sick."

-"I know, I planned that well, don't you think?" - She replied full of sarcasm.

-"Is that all to get my attention?" - I said playfully.

-"Of course it is! - What is wrong with me, Lloyd?"

-"Probably just that mix of pig blood soup and maple syrup porridge you did for your breakfast, that looks yiakes!" - I smiled to cheer her up, but I was worried as hell to see her like that.

-"That was delicious! And don't lie to me, I know you are worried."

-"I am, but I am sure your guardians would know what to do."

-"I will probably have to drink that horrible tea again." she said that just as Sorla and Mistake entered the room.

-"What is going on?" - Mistake asked.

-"Akita is not well."

-"That much I can tell, Lloyd, but why?"

-"You are her Guardians, you tell me?!"

-"Are you sure you want to know, Lloyd?" - Sorla asked me.

-"What are you hiding from us, Mistake, Sorla?"