18 - The ice dragon

ALERT! Serious SPOILERS of Season 11 - Ep 25
[Lloyd]

I woke up in the morning to the smell of food, I haven't eaten since I left the Lake village, well, a part of the chocolate I shared with Red... talking about Red, where is she?

As soon as I realised she wasn't by my side I started looking around for her, my heart rested once I saw her standing at the top of the hill in her Wolf form, it looks like she has spotted something.

-"Red, are you alright?" - I call for her.

She looked down from where she was and run back towards me. As soon as she was close enough she shifted back to her human form.

-"Good morning Lloyd, I got a few eggs, and managed to cook them I hope you like, I have already eaten mine, sorry for not waiting for you, I was far too hungry."

-"Thank you, Red, for saving some for me, I really appreciate." I said eating the huge size eggs, she cooked on a piece of metal that comes out of the mech, probably in the previous fight, using a small fire she managed to lit herself. "Where did you find eggs, I am afraid to ask what creature has such big eggs?"

-"Ice birds, I hope mummy bird doesn't come after me." She said with a smile... "I went hunting... well the wolf went hunting."

-"How is your leg?"

-"Much better, in the Wolf form I don't even feel it anymore. You have healing hands!"

I give her a smile, finishing my eggs, and started tiding up to get going.

-"Did you choose the wolf or the wolf choose you?" - I asked her.

-"I am not quite sure, we learned from the formlings that the animal would choose the human, they souls merged into one, that way the wolf chose me, however, since I was very little I wanted to be Amaterasu Okami, so maybe I have chosen her."

-"Who is Amaterasu Okami?"

-"The white three-tailed wolf, my animal form, tell the old tales she was once the Goddess of the sun, trapped in this realm away from her mate Yomi, the Dragon God of light."

-"And... what's happened to them?"

-"He rescued her, and took her back to heaven, and they lived happily ever after..." she made her voice sounds dramatic, and laughed at the end, watching my surprised face. "It is just a legend, Lloyd...thought the black wolves, that allegedly trapped her here in the first place, still worship her, they believe my wolf form is Amaterasu and obey my commands."

-"Can you control the wolves?"

-"When I am on my wolf form, I can speak to them, they would obey me, but they are not my friends, they only respect and worship my wolf form, I saved you and your friends from the wolves a few times, you know?"

-"you have been following us?" She nodded smiling -"Since when?"

-"Since your ship felt from the sky, it woke me up, I had to find out who were you, the wolf is a very curious creature." She explained giving a guilty smile.

-"OK... did you followed us all the way to the lake village?"

-"Well, I went to Sorla, and asked her to send her people to rescue you and your friends."

-"Is Sorla your friend?"

-"She is a friend of the Wolf, she never saw my human form, the formlings believed only another formling should be allowed to know one's animal form." suddenly she looked a bit sad and defeated -"I guess their beliefs don't matter anymore, as I am the last formling and I was not even born a formling."