6 - Please, Explain!

AN: Hello my lovely readers. If you are with me since book one, you might be confused that I erase my main OC of the previous book. It was not my original idea but, somehow fits well the plot.

Ruby was a 'Mary-Sue' she was perfect in every sense, well almost, she would take some actions before thinking, but who doesn't? I created Ruby after I felt heartbroken for Lloyd at the end of 'Hunted' and his very unhappy relationship with Harumi, sorry, I never really liked Harumi as his love interest, as a villain she was perfect, and I really respect her for that, and it was sad to see her dying.

But Lloyd is the perfect guy, despite everything he went through he has a heart of gold and sure he deserves someone as good as him, caring and selfless, someone clever, strong and independent, and very powerful, nothing less than a goddess itself. That was all the ingredients I throw in my boiling imagination that come up with Ruby, his Ruby-Red. I don't think it was a coincidence he named Akita 'Red' before he knew her name, do you?

[back to current time in Ninjago - NOPV]

Lloyd has grown a great deal by overcoming the grief of his first crush, the girl meant a lot for him, and part of him still felt guilty for everything that happened to her.

The imminent attack of the Oni, however, gave him no time to think anymore, he lead his team, and with a little help of his 'evil' father, they manage to defeat the Oni.

A few lessons came out of that. And the meeting he swore he had with his grandfather, the First Spinjitzu Master, enlighted his soul, Every End is a New Beginning, sure it is time to leave the past behind and hope for the best.

But after the Oni, nothing else happened for an entire year, which is very, very odd in Ninjago. Strangely enough, they all seem to be affected by some kind of apathetic behavior, acting completely absent of mind, ignoring their surroundings, and immersed in their own little world. As if they have been cast into a spell of some kind.

At the beginning they were training as normal, but slowly they started to get lazy, skip sunrise exercises and sleeping until noon.

Jay got a new game, and soon Cole was beating everyone's records, using a ridiculous cap with drinks attached to it and eating more cake than anyone could. All they were doing day after day was playing games, watching movies and chilling out at the old bell that Nya has filled with water and Kai would make it nice and warm.

Even their relationships seem affected, Jay and Nya were no longer planning their wedding, Kai and Skylor wouldn't see each other for weeks, and Pixal has to literally freeze Zane's software every so often to get his attention.

[Misako]

I walked into the kitchen and find Wu seated at the table drinking his tea and reading a local paper. I find strange, as far as I can remember, I never saw he reading a local paper while having his tea.

-"Hello! Good Morning!" - I said grabbing a place in front of him, and passing my cup for him to serve me some of his tea.
-"Finally you are awake, may I asked you where have you been all this time?"
-"What do you mean? I was working at the Museum."
-"Misako, you have gone for over a month, you didn't take a case or even an overnight bag, and none of your material for field trips. Yesterday you tumbled on the courtyard, as if you had fallen from the skies, luckily I found you before anyone sees you."
-"A month?"
-"33 days to be more precise, you don't remember do you?"
-"No! I don't!"
-"What is your last memory?"
-"Working at the Museum. Did anything big happen during my absence?"
-"Not really!"
-"Lloyd! Where is he? Is he OK?" - I suddenly have a horrible feeling.
-"He is fine, he recovered well, and since they battle the Oni not much really happened."
-"No much had happened? - Wait... what is the date today?"

Wu just give me a strange look and turn the paper towards me so I can see the date by myself.

7th October, 2019... the last day I recall in my mind was 3rd September, the first day of the academic term... I realised now, why Wu had the paper at the table.

-"You missed Jay's birthday! We had a big party!"
-"Surely not as big as the weddings' !"
-"Weddings?? Who's weddings?"
-"Are you kidding me? Jay and Nya, and...." I stop myself, Wu is not kidding..
-"No, I am not! Are sure you back to the correct timeline? Jay and Nya have made a decision to not get married for another 2 years or so, as they believe they are still too young, and who was the other wedding?"

I am frozen inside, I shivered down my neck, I walked away from the kitchen.

-"Where are you going?" - Wu walks just behind me.
-"I need to see Lloyd... and Ruby." - Wu held my arm making me stop.
-"Misako, who is Ruby?" - I look at Wu, and feel as if I will faint at any moment.
-"Ruby... She is Lloyd's... Oh my FSM! - She is, was... will be... I don't know!"
-"Please, stop, calm down, you know you can't just drop that on Lloyd. Tell me, who's Ruby?" He said that pulling me inside his study room.
-"His wife!" - I let myself fall into his chair.
-"Wife?" - He smiles - "Your son got married?"
-"Yes, it was a beautiful private wedding. She is not just any girl!"
-"I bet she wouldn't be, the last one was a Royal, he has a history" - Wu makes a joke, and suddenly he sounds just like Jay.
-"Stop Wu, I mean it."
-"Ok, sorry! Just tell me how did they meet?"
-"She is the doctor that looked after Harumi while she was in a coma at the hospital for 2 weeks or so. And after Harumi passed away, Lloyd felt for Ruby... and they find out they were soulmates ... what went wrong Wu?"
-"Well, for starting, in this timeline, Harumi made to the hospital, but die straight away... "
-"So Lloyd and Ruby... they've never met?"
-"No, I don't think so."
-"Mistake... I need to see her! She will know what to do..."
-"Misako... Mistake is dead, Garmadon killed her..."
-"No, he didn't, we all thought that, but Ruby found out she was just trapped into her rat form and brought her back... But, of course, Ruby hasn't meet Lloyd, she doesn't even know who she is, and has no powers... That is all so messed up Wu!! This is not how it should be!"
-"And what exactly is Ruby, what powers she has, and why Lloyd?
-"Well... Lloyd and Ruby together are AGAPE, one of the Three Mighty Powers."
-"Like in the THREE: Alpha, Agape and Omega?"
-"Precisely, however they are trapped, no memories, they need a small physic contact, Ruby's memories were restored first, and then she brought his memories back, once they were together, their powers are like no others."
-"What do you think has happened to Ruby?"
-"I have no idea, I need to find out, maybe I should start at the Hospital"
-"I will help you."
-"Thanks! Wu! This is not just about to find her, is it about saving Agape, something terrible happened in their previous life, and Agape as an entity was bound to 2 mortal bodies trapped to this existence, as Ruby and Lloyd, if they don't find each other and restore their powers, the life as we know will soon cease to exist."
-"And when or where you left this power was already restored?"
-"No, we were very close, there were only 2 missing keys... wait, what about Kimberly? Master of air? Is she here?"
-"Kimberly, not today, she has residency, she will be here tomorrow."
-"How did Kimberly end up here, without Ruby, who has saved her life?"
-"She came here after Cole convinced her to try to understand her powers. What do you mean about saving her life?"
-"Where I was, Ruby saved her life, she was attacked by an Oni. A special group of Oni that came to Ninjago after Ruby. So Maybe Ruby hasn't become a Doctor at all."
-"Let's go to the hospital and find out. What is her surname?"
-"Garmadon... " I smile, and Wu raised his brown to me.-"Her maiden name was Okami."
-"Okami, like Wolf?"
-"Yes, in fact, your father called her the Lupa, or The Wolf!"

I ship #lloykita #loykita