14. Homely Friendship

Manik

"Emma-" I whisper, unable to believe it's her. Emma Carter is standing right in front of me, under the midnight blue sky that covers the infinity, full of stars. Twinkling, smiling, aspiring- my star is standing right in front of me again.

She smiled, her eyes glistening, "Yeah, I'm back. I might as well stay this time, you know-"

I don't let her finish, because I cover the interspace between her infinity and mine- and crash my lips on hers.

I kiss her in ravenous urgency, tasting the salt of her tears as she kissed me back with equal importance, her lips pleading to be ravished the way they deserve, the way only I do-

With every last ounce of my existence.

She breaks the kiss, panting for air, half crying half laughing. She looks up in my eyes- her emerald diamond eyes sparkling up again at mine.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me you did it?" She whispered, amusement now lurking in the spark. She didn't need to tell me what she is talking about, but I still ask her anyway. Just because I want to hear her voice more, "What are you talking about?"

"C'mon, Luc. You know what I'm taking about," she said desperately, circling her arms around my neck, causing me to bend to her tiny height.

After so long-

"I-"

She doesn't let me finish and I don't even mind that. Because she doesn't let me because she kisses me.

Her soft, plush lips smooched mine with compassionate devour, but I take back the control anyway. I do it because I know she likes it when I kiss her like that. I cupped her small face in my big palms, one of the hands travels across the back of her head. I hold her firm face firmly when my tongue swirls back its way to her mouth. She gasps.

How much I missed that gasp- those yearning moans when I'm kissing down every inch of her body, the ecstatic whimper of my name when I push my way deep inside her, claiming her body, her mind, her soul- her everything. With my everything. Every tiny piece.
She ceases the kiss but doesn't move her smiling lips apart, instead rests it right over my hard ones. I smile, too.

She's smiling a lot today. Has she forgiven me?

"Have you forgiven me, Emma?" I ask breathlessly, not losing the contact of her lips. She doesn't, either, and she murmurs in her velvety voice, "Forgive you? I love you,"

My hearts swells down and melts.

Oh, my Emma.

My sweet, sweet Ema...

"And before you start arguing about it, you don't have to say it back," her hands run down my forearms, down to the left side- and rests over my heart. A low growl reverberated from there.

"I know what's in there, already," she whispers on my lips, "I should've understood before, but since I'm so dumb-" she dramatically sighs, "Anyways, you don't have to say it loud. I know now, it's only mine,"

I'm smiling a lot today, too.

"All of me, it's yours," I replied huskily, "Want me to show you?"

Our forehead join together, parting our lips. She looks right up to my eyes. The smoldering, intense gaze of those soft emerald orbs get me thinking every detail of what I'm going to do with her tonight.