6. Mad Shower Tap

Manik

It is Alya's engagement today.

The whole house seemed exhilarated to a different level, every single person high as a kite. I had been incredibly trying to match with their point of enthusiasm the whole morning- then after a while realized my efforts had been mostly debilitated, because Mukti kept giving me looks and shaking her head as if wondering what the fuck she would do with my lower count on enthusiasm on everything. I didn't think I was so bored on the Roka ceremony, though. I just shrugged my shoulders at her, attempting to keep my grin fit.

May be because I had some matter in hand who took all my attention, the day on the Roka Ceremony; and she had not come back from Bangalore yet. No wonder Alya looked dim time to time.

Man, I missed Nandini Murthy and her acute legacy to turn everything and everyone super excited. Not that people weren't enjoying right now- of course they were, very much- but her level was something else.

And I missed perceiving every detail of her. Even though they are quite vivid on my mind- dutifully showing up much often.

After passing some hours smiling and talking with people and randomly helping in everything, I excused myself with the need of freshening up and came back to my room upstairs. I got rid of the kurta that I had been wearing totally against my comfort and hopped onto the bed, getting my laptop and went to check my emails.

After checking and replying to some unnecessary ones I found the one I figured I would be getting soon.

From: sandrafromarcher@gmail.com

Dear Manik,

I hope you're having a wonderful vacation in India! Just to remind you, after you come back, immediately, like IMMEDIATELY I'd need some progress on your next book. Fedric has been killing me about it. That's it. I hope you remember December deadline. How's Mukti, by the way? The wedding going good? Told you, man, always wanted to attend some Indian things.

That's for now. Please consider the legit pain of my ass and contact me immediately.

Love,
Sandra Flourence.
Archer Publications Ltd.

I sighed. I needed to show them progress? I had not come up with a real chapter yet, to be honest-

Someone knocked at the door.

Of course. Think about privacy in this house- "Come in!" I said without turning around to look.

"Heard someone fled for privacy, huh?"

Nandini Murthy's voice definitely got me turning around to look.

She was wearing a light pink salwar kameez, the long dupatta drapped around her chest to shoulder as she leaned against the wall, a radiant grin in her face as she looked at me, "We meet again, Mr. Best Selling Author,"

She looked quite peaceful. Serene, if even that would be the right word for this enigmatic woman, who kept appearing in front of me differently, everyday. Getting me to perceive her once again, all over again.

I nodded, "I see. Come on in,"

Her eyes, wide and full of kohl, cut short glances below my face as she entered the room. I smirked in my mind, reminding myself I wasn't wearing any shirt and deciding I wasn't noticing anything. I didn't think she noticed that I noticed, also that her cheeks had heated up slightly than in normal.

I enjoyed her silent internal ordeal for some seconds, which wasn't very decent of me.

And did you want to be 'decent' with her, Manik? I asked myself.