2. With a Naked Butt

Manik

The room is dark and damp, no window, no door visible anywhere, not even a hole to pass oxygen. That is why may be I'm clutching my hurting throat, gasping for an ounce of air, lying helplessly on the ground hard as rock. As sheer pain shot through my head, I gagged, coughed, trying to look around with my nearly closing eyes. Is it what you call dying?

Just then, I saw it. Another woman lying beside me on the rock floor. It doesn't take me a second to recognize my reason to breathe.

As I turn my heavy head back at her she smiles at me, her eyes still twinkling with shine and kindness, her face soft and her smile alluring. We both struggle at our places to reach each other. She touches my chin with all her motherly affection, with the most dazzling smile she could have mustered smeared on her lips. I tried to smile back, it didn't hurt suddenly, and suddenly- I've got my breath back.

And she had left my face, now clutching her own throat, gasping and gagging as she starts loosing her own breath.

"No! No!" I shout, "Nyeonika, No! I'm here! I swear Nyeonika.. No! Please!" I start coughing again, finally able to reach her hand, I clasp it tight with with me, sitting up bolt upright. She doesn't even try. Through her gasps and breathless coughs her beady eyes stops shining, her smiles starts to vanish..

She's going somewhere... Somewhere she isn't going to need her breath.

She's leaving, giving me her own breath...

"No!"

My eyes flew open as I sat up with a jerk, breathing hard, sweat droplets running down from my forehead. My eyes roamed around me, searching for an objective to recognize as my own. My mind swam through my memory lane. This isn't my bed, this isn't my room.. this isn't the dark room, either.

This is.. Mukti, I..

I groaned, my head falling back on the headboard as memories finally grasped me back.

Mukti, I.. we're here. We're in India.

God.

The same dream. The same fucking dream again.

My head hurt. Just as I was about to close my eyes again, to let my body relax on it's own- the door burst open and..

"Oh my God!" A scream of a soft voice echoed in my ears. I jerked my eyes open again, looking here and there and then at the doorstep.

A girl was standing there, facing her back to me. One hand occupied with a slightly trembling tea cup, another one clutched tightly on her eyes. I stared at the stranger, confused.

Hold on. Why did she scream...?

I searched around me to find anything odd. My eyes flew wide as I looked down at me on the bed.

My duvet... fuck.

I groaned, my hand ran through my hair in serious vexation. With the other hand I immediately adjust the white sheet around me.. appropriately.

Even being fucked up has some peripheral boundaries.

What kind of humiliation was this? I didn't even know this girl.

Or did I?

"Umm.." I cleared my throat, finding my voice back out of the shock, "I'm.. I'm sorry, you can.. turn around. I am.. ahm.. covered,"

God.

So. Fucking. Embarrassing.

"I'm.. sorry," she mumbled absentmindedly, definitely trying to stay focused on the hilarious situation, "I swear I wouldn't have.. tried to.."