9. And the Day of ...?

Do inform me if you find anything interesting to put instead of that gap and question mark.
Okay? :)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Manik

"Dhruv..." Alya whispered through her shaking voice, so low that it was hardly audible. But she did- softly grazing her hand over Dhruv's bandaged forehead.

Then finally, after one whole week- Dhruv finally opened his eyes.

"Oh my God," Alya sobbed as tears uncontrollably ran down her cheeks, her whole body shaking as she sat on a chair beside Dhruv's bed. On the other side were his parents. While everyone sighed the air of relief for also quite probably the first time in the longest week of our lives ever- Alya gingerly buried her head near Dhruv's hand. And this was also most probably the first time in the last week that Alya was crying, not in utmost terror of losing the love of her life; but in relief and happiness to get him back.

Finally. I mentally sighed. What a week it had been.

The whole operation had lasted 16 hours, but even though his outer injuries could be treated mostly- he wasn't responding to the medicines and not coming back to senses. After some more complicated medical facts it was quite clear to us that Dhruv was really fighting to be alive, because he didn't slip into coma. Yesterday was the first time Dhruv had responded and tried to regain his consciousness. And today, he did.

And Nandini was right about it- God knows how he was still alive.

Practically his whole body was bandaged, with sore blackened eyes and plastered hand and both legs. Alya kept grazing his hand ever so softly, mostly scared to hurt him anyhow; and placed a soft kiss over the IV spot.

I sighed. Dhruv's condition kept me wandering to a very familiar game stage of my life with very unfamiliar questions.

And I shoved them back. Deeper within my walls- where they were supposed to be.

"Aah.. Alya," Dhruv's whisper in a crocked voice snapped me back in this game stage.

"Sh," Alya kissed over his bandaged hand again, "Don't talk, Dhruv. Nandini would kill us all, you're still weak,"

"So would I," A grinning Nandini entered the room just in the moment, followed by a nurse who had multiple reports in her hand. She handed them to Nandini and left.

"Pilot Boy, you can't talk yet, okay? I really don't want to kill my best friend, forget about others," she gave Dhruv one encouraging wink, and got engrossed in the reports.

I cautiously looked away from her, not thinking about how she did already kill me once and didn't seem to care much.

No, I was definitely not thinking about that. Not even once in the whole dysfunctional week. Nope.

I stared at Dhruv and Alya, instead. All through the week, Alya had refused to leave the hospital even for lunch or dinner. She'd only go home late at night, only to come back early in the morning. And since she had a job here, no one could even deny her. I remembered Nandini and Mukti trying several times, considering Alya's health condition. She had large dark circles under her swollen eyes, her body was weaker than before. And it's wasn't only Alya, Mukti too refused to leave Alya's shadow alone even for a second. I wondered how these two sisters got their chance to develop their relationship with such strong roots, when Mukti had been gone for 10 years. And even though Alya was smiling right now, crying happy tears- the week was full of her sleepless blood red eyes and terrified cries.