11. Midnight Blue Curtains?

Manik

Something sharp and warm scorched the naked skin of my face, urging me to open my eyes. I tried- but the light denied my eyes any comfort. They started to close as soon as they had started to open.

Groaning, I tried to move my head which was- wait, I was sitting somewhere hard and my head was on laid on something soft. I tried to move my head, but as soon as I started moving my neck cracked.

Where the hell was I?

Just then, the was a soft click sound from somewhere in front of me.

Attempting to open my eyes and failing again due to which, it occurred to me- was stark sunlight, I held my neck in my hand I tried sitting back straight. Shit, even my back ached. I groaned in pain again. How the hell was I sleeping, exactly?

Or was I still sleeping?

I tried my flutter my eyelids to get them used to the light- and saw a frame of a- of a girl in a yellow kurti and long hair- standing somewhere in front of the door. As bright as the sunshine.

"Nyeonika?"  Was the first word that slipped out of my mouth.

I must be dreaming.

The girl took slow steps towards me, her ornaments in her ears and feet made tickling sounds. She knelt down in front of me, and I figured her feature was well, short.

But Nyeonika was tall.

She freed my hand from my neck and cupped them with her both hands. She quietly moved my head back in forth, causing me to hiss in pain again- but her hands were so soft.

But Nyeonika's hand were rough when I had last hold them...

I forced my eyes open.

"Nandini?" I groaned, rolling my head back to somewhere I assumed was a sofa, eyes forced back closed again. Her soft giggle filled my ears.

I must be definitely fucking dreaming.

"In case you're wondering, you're not dreaming,"

My eyes jerked open at her voice again, and this time my eyes fluttered but didn't close entirely. I was sure as hell was sitting down on the floor, was leaning against the sofa, the laptop was sprawled somewhere near me, the curtain- less glass door of the balcony was sure as hell failing to shed any bit of the stark sunlight that was blazing my eyes all these while.

And it sure as hell was Nandini Murthy smiling softly at me, kneeling in front of me.

"What the hell?" I tried to move and she removed her hands from my neck and got up, giving me space to do that same.

Wait, wasn't I in the apartment that Mukti and Cabir fixed for me...

"What the hell are you.. how did you get in?" I blubbered stupidly, getting up. I was already quite dumbfounded with the whole situation, and all she did was to fucking smile.

The smile that was so fucking beautiful. Her lips were so fucking-

I cleared my throat, attempting to clear my head, too, "I asked you something, Nandini. How the fuck did you get in?"

I stood up, letting her musical giggle tune into my system.

What the fuck, Manik? Musical giggle?

"Well, you seriously need to put on a habit of locking doors, Manik," she finally spoke up, turning around to go inside the house, "It's your own house now. It could be a thief in dark midnight, instead of me in broad daylight,"