3. To The Ones Who Knew

Manik

By the time I came out of shower I had mostly calmed myself down- Both from the nightmare to the unknown girl.

But I wasn't sure if I would be able to keep my calm if I saw the girl again, which I obviously would. I shouldn't call her unknown, either, according to the fact that she looked familiar.

And she called me desperate. I've never been called that before in my life. I never did something like that.

I mean, of course I had dated. Of course I've had multiple one night stands- but they're long time ago story. Plus, I've never been desperate for a girl or to get laid in my life, ever. And who the hell she thought she was to call me desperate...

Manik. Calm. Calm.

I came out of the washroom, a towel wrapped around my waist. I checked in the door again, determined not to take any risk again. No staying at this house with doors unlocked, no.

I saw a package labeled as Manik with Mukti's handwriting and picked it up. I torn the package out, which revealed a red kurta, and got ready in 10 minutes.

By the time I was walking down the stairs- The Vardhan House was shining bright with golden spot lights, blending with the blazing sunlight approaching from the huge windows and open gate. The white flowers like Freesia, White Rose, Daisy and Orchid coordinated authentically with the small fairy lights enmeshed with them. The off- white silk fabric covering the whole decoration did proper justice to the peace that followed the Roka Ceremony.

It was the Roka Ceremony today, right?

The Vardhan House was already a big place, and today it was swarming with people in nice dresses, mostly unfamiliar to me. However, most of them seemed to know me, or at least my face from the book's last page introduction or the interviews or news on net, cause everywhere I looked people were turning and smiling at me.

The teenager girls were doing worst- just like I expected. They were secretly moving everywhere I moved, were poking each other excitedly when they saw each other pointing at me. And everytime my eyes went to them they were getting scarlett.

Like. Seriously.

Still, I looked around, playing with the sleeves of my kurta trying to figure out where Mukti was, but then I spotted her.

Facing her back to me, again. Laughing with some elderly people who looked like Mukti's grandparents from this distance. I moved a little closer, a little angled myself to see properly. Yes, they were.
I wanted to go and talk to them. Instead, I decided to stand there, staring at the girl.

I'm trying to recognize her, I mentally told myself.

And the first thing I noticed: she looked pretty. Pretty in red.

Her hair was held loose with a messy bun, with a tikli on her forehead and matching earrings hanging on her ears. Her eyes had thin line of eyeliner, or whatever they call it; her cheeks shone without any sort of glitters or blushes girls usually put on. And her plump lips were glowing royally in red, too. Just like her whole body was.

 Just like her whole body was