13. Sandwich and Dosa Friendship

Manik

I was sitting on a chair on a dark, damp room with only a flickering light coming from the window. I was bounded to the chair with ropes so sharp that seemed to cut into my skin. Yet, I didn't feel anything. Anything at all. I don't think I would've moved if there wasn't any rope, my body was limp and lifeless even though I could see and think. Sweats ran down my every inch of skin, mixing with the bloods from the cuts.

I didn't care. I didn't feel. The only thing I registered was my ragging breath and erratic heartbeats- as I waited for the metal door in front of me open.

And it opened. Nyeonika Malhotra walked in- stark disgust refined in her sharp eyes filled with nothing but hatred. She was wearing the filthiest cloak I had ever seen.

I suddenly couldn't breathe anymore. All the pain, excruciating, tormenting pain of agony slashed me into halves.

"Nyeonika.." I panted for breath, but there seemed no air left in the room, "Mom.."

She laughed, every drop of sound laced with smoldering hatred.

"You killed your mother, Manik. You killed Nyeonika. Remember?"

"NO!" I screamed, the confined room echoed every ounce of it. Her laughter stopped, following by her cold voice shadowed with the same abomination.

"Admit it, Manik. You're a murderer. You killed your own mother. And now you're killing another one!"