41. Five.

Nandini

"Alya, stop pacing the room like that," Dhruv muttered lowly, his voice very unlikely nervous, "You're not exactly helping me here,"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Alya moaned, settling beside him on the couch. I watched her slip her arm on his and rest her head on his shoulder. I sighed.

"Will you two calm down?" I said, shaking my head, "It's gonna be fine. You'll see,"

Even though I said that with a tough smile and full faith, it would be lying if I didn't admit I was quite as much nervous. It has been almost two months of Dhruv's accident and today it was his fitness test for the Academy. Today's test reports will determine how long Dhruv has to wait before getting back into the cockpit.

His reports till now seemed- fine. He has made a real steady progress, no doubt there. From the earlier tests we had estimated one more months before Dhruv can be running and dancing around like any of us. Heck, he might even dance in his wedding. So that was a good news.

The worrying part is that, however, you didn't need to know to dance in to get back to being a pilot.

"I mean, he can walk alright now, right?" Alya abruptly remarked after a while, "Is he going to take too much time to fully recover? Dr. Sharma did mention only a month more, maximum,"

"I know, Al," I said, settling back on my chair. Dr. Sharma was one of the senior orthopedic surgeon in Vishnu Hospital, who was supervising Dhruv's treatment throughout.

There was a knock on the door, and Yashwini entered the cabin.

"Dr. Sharma is ready for you all, Nandini," she said, gesturing to the test rooms. I nodded, looking back at Dhruv and Alya.

"I love you," Alya pecked on his lips, "And everything will be fine. Don't you dare worry,"

"I'm not worried," he smiled, kissing her back, "Let's go?"

God, please. Don't let anything bad happen today.

A physician from the Academy was going to supervise the test today. As we got Dhruv inside, he welcomed Dhruv with a big smile and a warm hug.

"It's so glad to see you pal," Dr. Sheikh exclaimed heartily. Apparently he and Dhruv already knew each other and were quite good friends. 

We went inside. I watched as they physiotherapists and orthologists ran their tests on him. The guy from the Academy asked us a few questions about the progress Dhruv had been making since the accident. After satisfying him with all the answers I excused myself out of the room.

To walk straight into a sister banter.

"What's going on?" I asked Mukti and Alya, half bewildered and half irritated, "Have you two forgotten it's a hospital? Alya?"

"Sorry," she sighed, dropping into a seat behind her. Mukti just scoffed in response.

"What happened?" I asked again, taking a seat beside Alya. Mukti murmured something about excusing herself and abruptly left.

"Huh?" I turned to Alya, "Um, what was that?"

Was she here even for like, 5 minutes?

"Never mind her," Alya sighed again, staring at the way Mukti stormed off, "She's just stressed about the whole Manik thing,"

Oh, that.

The grand fight that has been going on since last two days and no one has any idea about what.

Apparently, that day Amma had come to the Vardhan's house, Manik and Mukti got into this huge fight and they haven't showed anyone their faces since then. Mutki had been locked inside her room and Manik in his apartment. I tried to go up to talk to him, but of all the five times I tried- one time he really was out according to the manager, and another four times my legs gave up before I could knock on his door. However much I tried to be normal around him, as I am being around all these other people- it just seemed so- difficult.