Too Late

Karma POV

"Nikkole," Murphy called. I walked out of the room I was currently in to find him sitting on his throne. "Hand me my case," He said. I walked to his safe and pulled out a case of injection shots. I turned around and saw 10k standing next to Wesson. My actions paused upon looking at his defeated face. 

"What did you do to her?" 10k's voice elevated.

"She asked for this. Because you weren't there to bring her out of her darkness." Murphy said. 

"Nikkole" Murphy called again. I snapped back to reality and handed Murphy the case before standing next to him. He stood up and unzipped the case. 

"Humanity in a single injection. So, you tell me what Warren is planning, and I might just give your soul back. Huh? So, one more time. What is Warren's plan?" Murphy asked. 

"She's planning to spank your ass good," 10k said with no hesitation at all. He even smirked. Murphy looked less than impressed making 10k giggle. Murphy then laughed awkwardly and 10k just grinned proudly that he stood up to Murphy. 

"Find him something useful to do," Murphy ordered to Wesson. "Zombie moat cleanup might be a good start," Murphy said as Wesson dragged 10k away from the scene and out to the front gates. A phone rang, dragging Murphy away from his throne. He went to look for the noise and 10k walked up the steps and dragged me into another room. 

He embraced me and just held onto me like his life depended on it. His eyes pricked with tears and he hated that I was a blend. He knew how it made him feel and he didn't choose it. I did.

"I'll save you. I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there for you. Murphy had me locked up. You're safe though" He said. I didn't hug him back no matter how much I wanted to. I wanted to reach up and wipe his tears and tell him I love him and that everything is going to be okay. Before Murphy could come back, he left and I continued to the tasks that I was doing before. Murphy lied to me. I still feel everything I'm just not in control of it anymore. That's worse than feeling everything or nothing at all. 10k was injected again so he's in the same position I am in. I went to the barroom and got drunk again. Somehow it brought back the feelings that I felt before Murphy took over. 

"Nikkole" Murphy called. I groaned and walked to the room he was in. 10k was sat in a chair opposite of Murphy and stared blankly at the wall. 

"What do you want Murphy?" I asked walking into the room.

"Clean his wounds," He said and walked around 10k. 

"Wounds? What'd you do?" I asked picking up 10k's hand and looking and the bloody slices in his fingers while sitting one leg on the table to hold my weight. I cupped his cheek and forced him to look at me. He had fear in his eyes that he wasn't in control of himself. I wiped his tears and pulled out a napkin from a drawer and wiped the blood from his hands.

"Good thing this isn't your trigger hand," Murphy said walking around the table and crouched next to me. "Now, let's talk about your new mission," Murphy said. I stood up and walked to the other side of 10k to clean his hand. Murphy was whispering too low so I couldn't hear what he was saying.

"You understand what I want you to do?" He asked pulling away from 10k's ear. "And I have a surprise for you." Murphy pulled out a booster shot. "Go ahead. It's okay. That's what you want, isn't it? To be yourself again? To be human?" He edged on. 

10k grabbed the shot and held it above his arm but he couldn't push it into his body. His arm shook like he was trying to but there was a force holding him back. Murphy's force. 

"Good. Good. Your transformation is complete." Murphy whispered to 10k. He got out of the chair and left Murphy sitting down. "Remember what we talked about," Murphy added making 10k turn back to look at us once more. He walked off and Murphy sent me to get Wesson and tell him Murphy wanted him. I walked into the main room and out the doors through the gates to find him talking to the humans outside.

"Wesson, Murphy wants to see you," I said mechanically. 

"Okay, Thank you Nikkole." He said before departing me. I've gotten pretty used to everyone calling me Nikkole around here. Someone grabbed my shoulder and I turned to look towards them. 

"Has Murphy bit you? Were you injected?" The woman asked.

"I was bitten, yes," I told her.

"Did it hurt? Can I see it? Was it worth it?" She asked more people gathered around to hear what I had to say.

"Umm, I was drunk when it happened. I didn't feel much of anything." I answered my gaze moving to the ground. 

"Would you do it again?" A male asked.

"Yes." My voice said but it sounded so different. It wasn't my voice. I wanted to say no. I didn't have a choice. 

"Can we see it?" Another woman asked. 

I took off my jacket's sleeve and showed them the bite. A tear rolled off my cheek and a young female looked my way. I shrugged my jacket back on and walked away from the crowd. The female pulled me away and angled my body so my back was facing the building.

"Blink twice if you need help." She said. Blink Nikkole Blink. I just stared at her. Fucking blink Nikkole! I screamed at myself just blink it's not that hard. 

"Okay how about this, cry of you need help," She said. Thank God. A tear slipped from my eye and she took a breath.  I gave her a slight smile and she took the hint. "I'll save you. somehow. or find someone who can" She whispered. 

"Warren" I struggled to fight against the hold Murphy had on me. "Find Warren." I choked out. She nodded and I turned to leave. I let the tears fall. I might have a chance to live. As I walked up the stairs I wiped my eyes. Murphy was stumbled over and gasping for air. Whether I like him or not he is the only chance at a cure and I need to keep him alive that long. 

"Murphy calm down. You're fine. It's just a panic attack. Look at me" I coaxed. He did and still continued to gasp for air. "Tell me five things you can see."

"You. Chair. Floor." 

"Good, two more"

"Rug. Wall."

"Very good. Four things you feel"

"Shirt. Ground. Your hand. Fear." 

"Three things you hear"

"Birds. People. Zombies."

"Two things you smell" 

"Lemon. Strawberry."

"And one thing you taste"

"I can't"

"Yes you can think"

"Brains"

My breathing stopped a little. "Good. That's good. How do you feel?" I asked my heart picking up just a bit.

"Better.