Separated Again

10k's pov

Karma and Warren came back from wherever they went. They got out of the jeep and my eyes were focused on the one girl who won't leave my mind. We haven't spoken to each other much since South Dakota. She had tears flowing down her face. My chest got tight seeing her like this. She screamed and pulled me out of my thoughts. Her fist pulled back and she threw it into the window. It shattered and she groaned the glass getting into her knuckles.

"10k, watch her," Warren said taking off back into the camp. Is Karma staying with us now? Thumps brought my eyes to Karma. She was now punching the side of the car without stopping. What happened to her? I've never seen this side of her. She's always been collected. Her face was soaked in her tears. She choked on sobs and her fists kept colliding with the car.

"Karma," Mack said. "Karma!" He yelled. "Karma! Stop!" He yelled walking over to her. He touched her shoulder and she pinned him to the vehicle, her blade on the assassin's gauntlet poking out against his throat. She let him go and closed her eyes. She bit her lip and took a deep breath. She fell to her knees, her sobs falling out her mouth. I looked at Doc and Mack. None of us knew what to do.

"Hey, kid. It's going to be alright" Doc said, not moving from his spot. Mack sighed and crouched beside her.

"Addy. Is she okay?" He asked in a soft voice.

"She's fine." Her voice cracked. "They've brainwashed her." she cried. "They made her do something terrible. Helen forced her to remember what Tobias did to us." She choked out.

"Mack" I didn't recognize my own voice. He nodded and left the crying girl against the truck. Her back was towards me, her feet tucked under her. Her head hung low as she let the tears soak the ground.

"Come on Karm," I said, pulling her off the ground. She didn't fight me this time. She was there when I needed someone after-. After Holmer. I'm going to be here for whatever she's going through right now. She stumbled but I pulled her closer to my body. Lifting my left arm, I opened the back of the Tahoe. I helped her up into it. She didn't fight me. No protest. No 'I'm fine'. Nothing. Just somber looks and tears. Her head leaned against the side of the car.

"She said-"

"It doesn't matter." I cut her off. I didn't need to know. I grabbed my bandanna out of my pocket and picked the glass out of her knuckles. I dumped some water onto her hands and she grimaced in slight pain. I rubbed the blood off and took care of her knuckles. I grabbed my scarf from around my gun and brought it up to her face. She just looked at me with such sadness. Her cheeks were puffy and stained with tears. I gently touched the scarf to the underneath part of her eyes. Dabbing the tears away. I put the scarf down beside her. I went to move away but her soft, semi-covered hand touched mine. My attention was brought to our hands. Only now did I realize my hand has been resting on her upper leg this entire time. This caused me to notice the rest of my body.

I was standing in between her legs, her body close to mine. I looked back up to her face, only inches from mine. She wrapped her arms around my waist and dipped her head to my neck. Her breath gave me chills. I wrapped my arms around her like I did in the morgue and held her close.

"I'm sorry for what happened," I spoke to her. I traced light circles with my hand. My mom would do this to me when I was younger before she died.

"I should've been better. I shouldn't have let my guard down." She said sitting up off me.

"Karms, when is the last time you cried?" I asked her. She looked at me weird. "You haven't cried since Garnett's death," I told her. She looked down at the mention of her late father.