Alice in Zombieland

"But if it's not alive, how did you kill it?" Cassandra asked.

"Piked it. Right here. My first kill. I always wish he knew, you know, somehow knew that I kept my promise." He replied.

"I had something similar, I had to kill both my parents when they went rogue and my little brother when he turned. My sister did too but she got away. Still haven't fully accepted it you know." I said looking at 10. The vehicle came to a stop, 10 moved my head and jumped out. Everyone got out and I sat up, scooting out of the back. I walked next to Warren after she decapitated one.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Something's wrong." Cass said

"Yeah, she's right. Look at their feet." Warren added. They had chains around them.

"Hold it right there! All right, now drop your weapons or die right where you stand." The fake zombie said.

"Put down the weapons or eat brains." He said again. A gunshot goes off and a zombie falls.

"God, I love that kid." Doc stated.

"Now, we just want the vehicle. All right? So give us the truck and we'll let you live to die another day." The dude said.

"Give them the truck!" Murphy yelled from behind.

"Don't give them a goddamn thing!" Warren yelled over.

"Do the math Garnett. We have other priorities. Give them the damn truck." Murphy said.

"Listen to your friend there. Nobody wants to die. But we're taking that truck." The bandit said.

"Say the word, Garnett." Mack added.

"Let them have it." Garnett said. I shot a zombie and he grabbed my arm.

"The truck. Let them have the truck." He said.

"Smart move. Alright guys, let's go! And leave the junker! They're not gonna get very far" he yelled taking the truck. Warren walked over to the orange and white beaten up what looked to be a 1938 Volkswagen Beetle. The right headlight was out, and missing the hood and now a door.

"Beautiful" She said and Mack threw the door away. We started going, Garnett driving, Warren in the passenger side, Addy and Mack on the hood and Doc, 10k, and I in the back. Not that long into the drive, 10k Pulled me on his lap and everyone was much comfier that way.

"Drop your weapons on the ground or the first shot takes your head off." Garnett said walking out with a gun. I climbed out and followed.

"You heard the man. Drop your weapons" The father of the group said.

"Now" Charlie yelled. I walked over to him. I turned my head and nudged him. "What's this?"

"A robbery." The father said, and a plethora of gunfire erupted. Nobody knew what was going on. The family including the kids were shooting at the bandits.

"Drop your weapons. Now. I don't want to have to kill you" The father says. They got into our truck and drove off. The rest of us groaned. My hand went to my stomach and I started to stumble. 10k caught me and let me lean against him to balance myself.

"You're ok, I got you" He said lowly so I could hear him. I nodded and let out a light groan of pain. He took me back to the beatle and I sat in his lap, my head resting on his shoulder. We stopped the car when we came upon the family that took our truck. Their bodies on the ground being eaten by zombies. We got our truck back and went to a fast food place and tried to get through to citizen Z. I laid in the back and started to shake from blood loss and pain. I had a bandanna wrapped around my arm and a wrap, around my stomach. Doc gave me some drugs to not feel as much pain. 10k lifted my head and laid it in his lap and started playing with my hair.

"I'm ok. You know that right?" I said looking up to him. He nodded but continued with my hair, giving me light scratches every now and then. My eyes fluttered and I couldn't help but fall asleep. We came to a building and the rest of them got out but me and 10k stayed in the truck. He stood up and leaned against the top while they talked to people. I slowly sat up and the noise of me shuffling made 10's head snap to me. I unwrapped my bandage and wrung out the blood over the side of the truck before wrapping them back up. He gave me a look of sympathy and I hated it.

"Im fine. I've had worse." I said. He nodded and continued to fire and kill zombies. He looked out of it while he had a cigarette on his gun. He fired again but he didn't mutter a number and I heard the bullet hit a fence.

"Did you just miss?" I asked stunned. He looked down at me then put his gun up and slid down the truck's window and struck up a conversation with me. An explosion went off and we both stopped talking. We moved to the other side of the truck bed to get a closer look, nothing seemed to happen or amount to it so we continued our conversation. We talked about our past lives and techniques of sniping. Soon the group came back and 10K asked the question that was also on my mind. Where was Doc?

"He didn't make it" Warren told us. Both of our faces fell at the news. I started to like the old man. Addy mentioned there were zombies and I got my sniper and propped it up on the side of the truck. Looking through my scope, I saw what looked like Doc. When I looked closer it was in fact him. I shook my head and lifted my gun. 10K gave me a questioning look.

"It's Doc, I can't." I said and the others looked out. Warren loaded her pistol and announced her mercy saying. She fired and Doc yelled at her.

"Damn straight I'm alive." Doc said making all of us smile.

"We thought you were dead." Warren stated.

"Well so did I. Some numbskull threw a grenade in the air shaft I was stuck in." Doc said rejoining us. Addy's laugh could be heard the loudest and that made me smile.

"Well hurry up!" Cassandra yelled to him.

"Here." Warren threw a rag to him to clean the blood off his face.

"Give me a kiss, baby." Doc joked making us all laugh. He got into the back of the truck with us and we drove off.

"You know kid, I've been thinking about what you told me about your dad and how you wished he knew you did the right thing giving him mercy like you promised," Doc said talking to 10k but grabbing my attention as well. "Well, I just want you to know your dad knows what you did for him. And he knows you did the right thing. You kept your promise." Doc said sincerely.

"Thanks," 10k said drifting into his own head.