California

A/N: Long Chapter to apologize for not writing the flashback season 3 premiere. It is based in season two with events that happened. I have already written those episodes and didn't feel a need to write about the two-hour episode because the plot wasn't about anything besides Zona and 'The Man'. However, I will be writing about Red and Nature Boy in later episodes as they pop back up in season 3 episode 12ish.

One by one the Caminos died and we pulled over in a junkyard as the last Camino died.

"I think it's dead," 10k said solemnly. He really liked the Camino. 

"Well, we couldn't drive through that crap anyway. Adios, El Camino." Doc said closing the hood.

"You know I love that you're a glass-half-full kinda guy." Addy said. 

"Especially when there's no goddamn glass," Murphy said from the junked car he was leaning on.

"All right, looks like we're on foot. Grab what you can. Let's hit it. Come on, princess." Warren ordered. I grabbed my bag out of the car and walked along the dirt and gravel road.

"How much further to this supposed rendezvous?" Murphy asked. 

"A days walk. Maybe two." Addy said. 

"Everything looks the same," Murphy commented. 

"Yeah. Well, four years of zombie apocalypse and a nuke will do that." Doc said. 

"Nothing but rubble and dust. Must have been a hell of a fight." Vasquez said. 

"Makes you wonder what's left that's worth saving," Murphy said. 

"How did it come to this?" Warren asked. She stopped moving and looked out. The rest of us just kept walking.

"Hey, princess. Keep it moving!" Murphy yelled mocking her earlier. 

"Do you have any idea where we are?" Murphy asked. 

"Somewhere in sunny Southern California." Addy grunted while climbing the rubble. 

"Seriously, how much further? I don't feel so good." Murphy complained. 

"Well, we could take a break. I'm curious myself." Warren said leaning against a stone square.

"It can't be." Addy said. 

"So, where the hell are we?" Murphy asked. 

"Disneyland." She said. 

"What?" Warren asked surprised.

"Uh-huh. Hard to tell for sure, but I think "It's a Small World" would have been right over there." She pointed to a dusty spot in the space in front of us. 

"Sorry, kid." Vasquez turned to 10k. 

"Break time's over," Warren said and we all got up and continued walking. I kicked the rocks as we went and continued on our way with Addy leading us by her coordinates. Nightfall began to cover the sky and we headed underground in a tunnel to escape the z's while we slept. I leaned against a wall before slouching my way to the ground, my knees tucked under my chin. A jacket was wrapped around me and I looked up to see 10k. He slipped against the wall until he was sat beside me.

"You've barely spoken since we left Mexico." He said. I just stared at my shoes. I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to do anything. "Okay well, you need to sleep. You'll need the energy later." He said to me wrapping his arm around me. "It's okay not to feel okay Nik, just please don't shut me out."

I closed my eyes and let the tear fall. He pulled me in closer to him and rubbed my back with his hands. He slid farther down the wall and pulled my limp body onto his lap with my head resting against his chest.