Bitten

We all woke up around the same time. Back in our stupid boxes.

"Well now what do we do?" Murphy asked.

"I dunno about you, but I'm just gonna curl up and die." Doc said.

"Nobody's curling up to die, Doc. Look, I may not know much or pretend to understand what I do know, but I am certain dying here is not our fate." Warren said.

"Well I'm so glad you're certain of something. So what is our fate if it's not taking out the zombie trash for our invisible captors?" Murphy asked.

"I just know something bad is coming. And I'm supposed to stop it. I can't tell you why. I just feel it. Just like I felt the first time I laid eyes on you, Murphy. I didn't know the how, why, or any of the what was coming next. The second I saw you, I knew my job in life was to get you wherever the hell you were going." Warren said.

"Well, when you put it that way." Murphy said.

"Daddy, it's me!" Lucy said when he screamed.

"Lucy?" Murphy asked.

"Look who I found. You remember Carson." Lucy said.

"Hello, Carson." Murphy greeted.

"Okay, come on. Let's go get the others." Lucy said.

"Come on. Carson said it's this way." Lucy said hen we got Lilly out, she was the last one.

"Don't worry. The zombies won't hurt us." Lucy warned.

"Quick, before they realize we're gone." Warren said.

"Hustle. Hustle. Move!" Doc said.

"There's a new lock." Warren said. We made it back to the door we just escaped from. 

"I got the key." Tommy said. By key he meant crowbar.

"Good man." Doc said.

"Wait, Carson." Lucy said when her zombie friend wasn't here.

The door busted open and guards came in firing a warning shot as they did.

"Freeze! I don't want to do this, but we're supposed to stop you." The guard said. He then grabbed Lucy.

"No! Dad!" Lucy called. Murphy ran down the stairs back to her. The man shoved his gun in Murphy's chest.

"Don't forget who's got the gun here, buddy. Everyone back to their cage." The man said.

"That ain't gonna happen." Warren said.

"Everyone move now!" The man yelled.

Zombies came through the door and attacked the guards. 

"Get that door open!" Warren yelled. We ran through the door and were greeted by the super bright sun again. the loud noise came back and you could hear it from behind the door.

"Go! Go now!" Warren shouted. We all began to sprint away from the door.

"Dad!" Lucy called when Murphy collapsed. We picked him up off the ground but he just collapsed again.

"He's bleeding. Get this off." Lucy said.

"He's bit." Tommy announced.

"But he's immune." Doc protested.

"Not anymore. Not since he's been cured. He's not turning yet. Okay, we can't stay here any longer. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Can you walk?" Warren said.

"Yeah, I can try." Murphy said.

"Okay, I need you to." Warren said pulling him up. He walked with her and Doc.

---

We followed the road and came upon the truck that started this whole mess. 

"Are you kidding me? Right where we left it." Doc said.

"All our gear is still here too." Lilly said.

"Yeah, looks like they kidnapped more victims in the meantime. Come on, let's get our stuff." Warren said.

We loaded up all the supplies we could into the Tahoe next to us. Someone else must've stopped too. Once we took everything, we set off again.

---

"How's he doing?" Lilly asked.

"Not so good. He's going in and out of consciousness." Doc said.

"Help him!" Lucy pleaded.

"What do you want to do, Warren? Warren?" Doc asked. They kept calling her name but she didn't answer or turn around. She just kept driving. I turned to look at Tommy.

"You think she'll be okay?" I asked him quietly. 

"I hope so" He answered. He took my hand in his and began to draw little circles on the back of my hand. I closed my eyes and laid my head  against his shoulders. Sleep overtook my exhausted body.