Stripper Z's

Karma POV

"Oh hey! My Spanish is terrible, but I'm sure this is what they were talking about." Addy spoke out as we came through a town. I speak Spanish. 

"Ten o'clock!" Mack warned. 

"I see them. Just keep going!" Warren told us as we went through the town. People were around more so than usual. 

"Folks are friendly here in Cheyenne," Doc said sarcastically. 

"Friendly ain't the vibe I'm getting. Let's find Murphy and get the hell out of Dodge." Warren said. 

"Cheyenne." Doc corrected jokingly. I smiled at his efforts. 

"Whatever. Okay, so we all need to think like Murphy. Get inside his zombified head. And I know that's a scary place to be. But where would you hide if you were Murphy?" Warren asked. We drove past a clothing store. I need to go in there and get a change of clothes. Maybe I'll do that soon. 

"Hey, hold on!" 10k yelled over the engine. "You say think like Murphy?" He said pointing to a store. 'Live nude girlz' was written on the building. 

"Hell, they might as well have his picture on the sign," Doc mentioned. We all got out of the ATV and opened to door to the dark building. Murphy was sitting at the bar having a drink. Glad he could enjoy himself after he almost killed us. 

"Hey, guys. What the hell took you so long?" He said downing the rest of his drink. 

"Murphy, you son of a bitch," Warren said. 

"Yeah, what she said." Doc agreed. She grabbed Murphy and pushed him against the counter. She was ready to kick his ass.

"Now, now, Roberta. Is that any way to talk to an old friend?" Murphy said as she pushed him farther onto the counter.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey," Murphy said calming his zombies down. "That hurt." He said through gritted teeth. 

"Oh." Warren paused. "I'm just getting started." She said with the same attitude back. 

"Now come on, Chief," Doc said going to pull her off. "Hey. Don't forget the mission." He said when she pushed her arm out to keep him at bay. "Come on," he said. 

"You damn near got us killed. And you did kill millions of other people." Warren said backing away. 

"Didn't you get the memo? The Apocalypse means never having to say you're sorry." Murphy said tucking his shirt back in. "I was just following the prime directive of this mission. Save Murphy's ass. Let's not forget. If I die, party's over for the human race. If you want to blame somebody, blame that nutjob Doctor Kurian. Or your little buddy Citizen Z." Murphy said while walking around the place. 

"Maybe we should tie you up for your own good," 10k said walking up to Murphy. I looked at him shocked. Since when does he make threats? Since when did he have a rope? Cassandra stood in front of him and his whole demeanor changed. His arms wrapped around her and her head went into his chest. "You're alive." He said. he sounded so happy. She didn't move and he loosened his grip on her. "Cassandra? What did you do to her?" He asked, Cassandra pushing him away from her.

"Saved her life. What did you do?" Murphy said. Cassandra growled at 10k. He looks so broken.

"I'm sorry. What is she wearing? Is that mildly impractical for the Apocalypse?" Addy spoke up. 

"You try dressing a classy lady in Cheyenne, Wyoming," Murphy said. 

Hey, is anybody else concerned that there's all these Zs standing around here?" Doc asked.