I Hate Hospitals

10k and I walked back through the woods once we were sure that Will wasn't following us anymore. He started to hallucinate and fell to the ground when we reached the sign that said Welcome to Spokane. He pulled out medication from his bag and shoved it in his leg before he started to seize. I dropped by his side and held him as he went through the cycle. He passed out and I was tired. I laid down next to him and my eyes fluttered shut. 

When I woke up I was in a white padded room and my arms were in a straight jacket. I eventually got myself out of them before leaving the room and rushing through the hospital to find 10k. I came to a door with someone standing in a white and blue jumpsuit. 

"Elvis?" I asked.

"Sure 'nough" He said. I walked further into the room and saw Doc and 10k on the operating table. 

"Karma," Doc asked excited to see me.

"Yup, how's my boy," I asked walking over to grab 10k's hand.

"Doc's kitchen-sink-anti-apocalypse-hangover-special. If it don't kill you, it'll cure you." Doc said as he shoved the needed in 10k's butt. He stopped moving and Doc bent down to check for his heartbeat. 10k shot up quickly and looked around. 

"Doc? Doc, you there?" 10k frantically said before turning his eyes on the man in question. 

"Kid, how you feeling?" He asked. 

"I feel like I've been shot... in the ass," 10k said before falling back down. I started laughing and just rubbed 10k's hair.

"Is he dead?" Elvis asked.

"Apparently not," Doc said when he heard 10k's light snoring. A nurse walked into the room before taking Doc back out, leaving me with 10k and Elvis. 

---

"Wait, Doctor Hippie. We got one more." Elvis said helping me carry a very high 10k into the room. 

"Hey, Doc." 10k slurred. 

"Thanks, Elvis," Doc said helping me put 10k into a chair. "Be cool, man. They don't know I know you. How you feeling?" He said taking a seat across from us. 

"Like super mellow." He slurred. 

"You know, everybody thought you were dead. Not me. I knew you were alive, you little cockroach. I knew it. But how'd you survive it? The last time I saw you, you were on that sinking submarine." Doc said. 

"Murphy saved us," 10k said. He is so out of it. 

"Murphy? Are you kidding?" Doc asked. We just nodded. "The Murphy? Mr. I am the chosen one so I get to act like a selfish pain in the ass Murphy?" Doc added. 

"He's not like that anymore. He's different." 10k said venomously. I shot him a worried look. 

"Did something happen?" Doc asked. Before I could answer 10k started talking. 

"No. Yes." 

"Huh?" Doc asked. 

"I dunno. Everything's so fuzzy. The harder I think about it, the further away it goes. Where's Warren? Addy?" He rushed out. 

"They're not here. And we shouldn't be either." Doc said. 

"Gotta get to Warren. Murphy's taking over. She's got to stop him." 10k said. 

"Where is Murphy?" Doc asked. 

"Spokane," I said. 

"Spokane, Washington? Of course." Doc said. 

"He's starting a new world oder." 10k slurred. Doc looked at me confused. 10k just couldn't help himself and continued to slur.

"New world older. Nude... whole... under." 10k slurred. 

"Kid, you gotta hold it together. Look, man. We're gonna bust out of here. Okay?" Doc said. 

---

The nurse was leading an exercise thing for the group and while she was distracted the three of us slipped out the side door. 10k grabbed a pillow but Doc threw it to the side telling him "no napping". We walked through a hallway and stopped to grab our things. I loaded up on my weapons again and 10k put his shoes on. 

"Oh. We can't go that way." Doc said to the zombies chilling behind a blockade. 

"Look,"10k said pointing to them. 

"Yeah, I know. That barricade's not gonna hold much longer." Doc said. 

"We gotta tell Warren. Tell her." 10k said. 

"I know. I know. Look. We can't just leave those folks back there. I know it's crazy, but we got to go warn them. Damn, I hate having scruples." Doc said. 

"This area is out of bounds." The psychopath nurse said. 

"Well, this whole institution is gonna be out of bounds when them zombies bust through. Oh, come on, man. I thought we were friends. Don't be cruel." Doc said when she motioned for Elvis to hurt us. I went to defend us but the bigger guy grabbed me and Elvis Hit my head with the electric guitar he had. We woke up in a room that the stretching happened in, but we were all in straight jackets. Doc explained the mission to the people here but it was no use. 

"I think we can keep them in their straight jackets for this. Please help me get them to the floor." The nurse said. 

"Don't listen to her. Those zombies are about to bust out of that barricade. She's gonna get you all killed." Doc said. 

"Do what I say. Now." The nurse ordered. 

"The only one delusional around here is you if you think you can stay here forever and be safe," Doc said. a crash sounded through the walls. The crazy nurse slapped Doc and I stood up and tackled her. We rolled on the ground until Bob pulled her off me and broke her neck. He then took the tool she was going to use and stabbed her repetitively until she was dead. Someone undid my jacket and I undid 10k then moved to Doc. There was a bus out back but we had to go through a z ward to get to it. I grabbed 10k and we walked down the halls.

"You're really pretty" He slurred into my ear.

"Thank you" I laughed and kept dragging him along.

"All right. All right. Listen up. Now I don't care what the doctors here or Nurse Retched told you But nobody here is any crazier than the rest of the whole damn world. You're not insane. You're survivors. All of you. And the only way we're gonna get out of this alive is if we stick together and work as a team. Now are you with me?" Doc instructed once we reached the doors to our exit. 

"Say we do get out of here alive, where... where do we plan on going?" Someone asked. 

"Anywhere but here," Doc said.

We walked through the hallways and I was in the front as I was the only person with actual weapons. Doc was holding 10k against his body to help get him out. The crazies stole the bus and Doc found out about 10k's bite. 10k doesn't want anybody to know what's going on though. He made me promise. 

"When I see Murphy I am going to punch his teeth in," Doc said holding 10k in his arms.

"Doc we got to go," I said as the zombies broke through the door we came out of.