Awkward Times While Bound to a Chair

"Safer than us," Doc commented on the missing blue person from our group.

"We got company," Warren yelled. She picked up a golf club and stabbed it through the zombies head.

"Hard to swing in here!" Doc complained as his club got stuck in a chair.

"Karma, do your thing," Warren said letting me attack. There were a lot of zombies and they seemed to keep coming.

"10K, your sling!" Cassandra yelled handing him a bucket of golf balls. He started to fire upon the ones I wasn't attacking.

"Too many! Karma fall back" Warren yelled. I turned around but a zombie grabbed my hair.

"Shit" I cursed, my hand going for my long strands. I was bent over the counter backward. Both my arms were holding the z away from my head. More started to surround me. This is not how I wanted to die. A golf ball came flying through the air and took out the z. I shoved him off me and darted over the counter and headed for the bathroom they were held up in. As soon as I was inside 10k grabbed my face and looked me over for wounds. Warren and Doc pushed themselves against the door. All of a sudden loud bangs erupted in the previous room. My hand instinctively went to 10k's.

"Gunfire?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"At least two people" I commented on the different millimeter noises.

"You can come out now." A voice called from outside.

"That was not Murphy," Doc said, looking at us.

"It wasn't a Z either. All right, get ready." Warren said as she undid her machete. We all got ready and I clenched my daggers. We went out following her, each having a weapon ready.

"It's okay. It's all clear." the dude said. There were three people. Two guys and a female.

"Nice timing," Warren spoke.

"Don't get too relaxed. There's still more outside." The female with them told us.

"We got another guy outside too," Doc said.

"I don't believe it." The dude said as we all looked outside to see Murphy playing golf and wearing a ribbed blazer.

"Idiot," I said. We went outside and Murphy came up to us whistling.

"What?" he asked when he saw the first guy's shocked face.

"Little risky, don't you think?" he asked.

"No. The Zs love me." Murphy said coming to a stop. He looked the dude up and down. "Who the hell are you?" He asked.

"Brett Zimmerman. This is Henry and Janice," He said nodding to the two other people he had.

"Roberta Warren. This is Doc, 10K, Karma, Cassandra, and the fool with the jacket golfing with the zombies, that's Murphy." Warren introduced us. We each did a head nod as our name was called.

"You're just jealous cuz they like me more than you," Murphy said tossing the radio back to Warren. We all moved back inside as Henry and Brett were cooking. We moved two tables together and brought the chairs all around.

"Yeah, and let's not be stingy with that. There you go." Murphy said as his alcohol was being poured.

"Got any ID?" he said to 10k pouring him some anyway.

"Oh yeah, this is not that White Lightning crap. Have a taste, 10 cent." Murphy said taking another sip. I rolled my eyes.

"Miss Warren," Brett said.

"Roberta." Warren corrected.

"Roberta, would you like to propose a toast?" He asked.

"Sure. To absent friends." She toasted. My stomach did it's thing again and this time I listened to it. I never took a sip. Everyone toasted and brought their cups to their lips. I did the same but never let the liquid in my mouth.