Karma Chameleon

10K kept hitting my arm pointing to the truck as it spun around. He's like a little kid watching his siblings fight.

"Okay. Okay. I see-" I got cut off by the bell flying off and hitting a couple of zombies down the road. I laughed and did the same to him, hitting his arm this time.

"Axles broke," Warren says getting out of the truck. Murphy's already standing in the middle of the road.

"Alright everybody in that truck" Garnett said while getting out of the vehicle and into ours. Warren started to hand out twinkie bars.

"Enjoy. That's the last of the food." Warren said.

"God, I'm so hungry my big guts are eating my little guts," Murphy said. He looked over to 10k who sat beside him.

"You gonna eat all of that?" He asked almost touching his food. All of a sudden 10k shoves his food in his mouth looking Murphy in the eye as he does so. I broke mine off and gave some to 10k. I know he'll be hungry later. I was trained to not go on food for long periods of time. I got up and walked over to garnett after hearing Murphy curse at 10.

"How did you recognize me?" I asked.

"It was the way you fought. I've never seen anyone else with that much precision and clean movements. Plus you have a defining scar on your arm." He said looking at me like my father once did.

"And who do you think gave me that," I said.

"Yeah. Sorry. Your father was a good man. You should have stayed up there in London on your assignment." He said.

"No, I was recruited. I follow the mission as always. Come on, you know me more than anybody else." I said, hitting his arm. He pulled me into a hug finally after three years of not seeing each other. 

"Oh, thanks for taking me in when dad died. You kinda became my other adoptive dad. I had no one and you guys were in the same platoon and were best friends and-"

"Hey, Hey shh, don't mind that now. I loved having you in my home," he said, walking me back to the truck.

"We need to split up and look for food and water," Garnett said.

"Oh, if we can find a two-way radio or even like a satellite dish, I can try to contact that Citizen Z guy," Addy added.

"That's good. Okay, you and Mack do that. And the rest of us will look for food. Doc, you take Cassandra, karma and 10K. Warren and I will take Murphy. Stay close. Meet back here in an hour. All right, let's go" I made sure my sniper was strapped to my back.

"You're real protective of your sniper," Doc asked.

"Well yeah, it was my father's before he turned, Poor soul never got mercy. My troop had to leave because of our mission." I said looking down at my boots while walking.

"Sorry Karma didn't mean to upset you. What do you mean by ''troop." He asked trying to get to know me. We stopped walking when we found a satellite.

"At first it was just staying at my dad's headquarters. Filing papers and doing his paperwork, soon I got bored and ventured out and found the training area. One of the trainers saw me and offered to teach me, soon I became good and one of the S.O's saw me and offered me a job. Of course, nobody knew my real name or age because I was underage for the position he wanted me to take." I said turning to face them. Doc and 10k were holding the dish while looking at me. Cassandra was standing off to the side.

"Damn kid," Doc said.

"The last mission I was on before I got called here for Delta x-ray Delta was to find someone. They gave me a picture but no name and a grid proximity location. The only information I got off the locals was that he had a kid. Thomas. I think he was about maybe 15, 16 at the time. Maybe a year older than me." I said turning back the other way.