FuBar Be Like

We pulled over and everyone except Warren and I got out of the truck.

"Gee, if we only had a mechanic." Murphy said sarcastically. At this I got out of the truck and walked over to the engine. 10k was under the vehicle and Doc was near the front.

"Look for bubbles" I said to 10k.

"Nope, it's the hose" He replied. I nodded even though he couldn't see me, I took off my backpack and grabbed the duct tape sliding it to him. Next I grabbed my water bottle and dumped the rest into the radiator. The others did the same. I walked over to Murphy and shoved him up against the truck's side.

"Don't you ever talk about Warren that way again. My father died saving your ass. Now be a good lab rat and shut your mouth and behave or I will personally see to it that your mouth gets sewn together and it's very uncomfortable for you the rest of the way to California." I spoke threateningly. 10k sprouted up from under the truck while Addy and Macky left to go do whatever I wasn't paying much attention. We all got back into the truck and I sat in the back with Warren and Cassandra. I snuggled into my last remaining parent and she brushed my hair with her hands. 10k was driving, if you can call it that, and the other two were in the front. When we came to a split we went right. Doc started reading off the signs and they started joking around. We pulled up to a town looking thing. Murphy read a sign out loud that said guns and liquor. Warren popped up at the sound of alcohol.

"Welcome to S&S Limited, the finest gun show in the west. Entry fee is seven." the lady wearing a cowboy hat told us as we approached.

"Seven what" Doc asked.

"Bullets. Oxy. Grams of whatever DIY super fun time substance you got." She responded. Doc mentioned some crystal in the truck.

"Back off with the toilet bowl cleanser meth. We only take that genuine vein splittin' take you right out of this beautiful apocalypse and into a hell-hole meth." some scruffy guy with a tall hat spoke out.

"Well slap my ass and call me Sally if it ain't Sketchy McClain. How'd you get way out here?" Doc reunited with his old friend.

"Uh, over there is the FU-Bar. Home to the finest and probably actually the only corn whiskey and moonshine between here and the Miss-" Warren darted off to the bar after he said that's where it was. "Whoa. Somebody's thirsty." I shook my head.

"Listen man, we need a new vehicle. Ours is dying a slow death. You think you could help us out? You know, for old time's sake?"

"No can do, my friend. I'm an entrepreneur, not a philanthropist. But there might be a way you can help yourself. Our first annual live zombie shooting contest." He spoke out to our group.

"What's the prize?" 10k asked.

"Hey, Vernon. Show our friends here first prize." Sketchy said, his skinnier friend going into the back. He came back with a sniper that made me uncross my arms.

"Is that a 50 caliber M82 Barret?" I said at the same time 10k did. We looked at each other and I let out a laugh. I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked down.

"Genuine. Plus we'll even throw in a few hundred rounds of shells." Sketchy continued.

"Seems like a little overkill." Doc commented.

"Yeah. But there's a lot of guys who like their toys. A lot of guys who might be willing to trade a vehicle for a sweet piece of steel like that 50. You know what I mean?"

"Where do I sign up?" we spoke at the same time again.

"Ok it was cute the first time now it's just creepy." Murphy said and walked off towards the bar.