Chapter Three

You always wanted to learn how to ride a broom. You were excited as you were setting up the formation that Madam Hooch asked for, two seperate lines that faced each other. Ugh.

You were facing with Draco.

He glared at you.

You smiled back at him, making him give you the dirtiest look ever.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Now, I want you to stand next to your brooms. Quickly!" Madam Hooch said.

Everyone shuffled to their places.

"Now, stick your hand out over your brooms, and say up."

There was a chorus of 'up'.

You looked over at Harry, who got it right the first time.

The second one was Draco, who looked over to you with a smirk, seeing that you were still struggling.

Then, you finally got it right.

Draco's smirk faded.

When everyone had finally got their brooms from the floor, Madam Hooch gave her next intructions.

"Now, at the sound of my whistle, I want you to mount your broom, grip it tightly. You don't want to be sliding off the edge. Kick off the ground hard, hover for a moment, then slightly lean forward and touch back down."

Everyone got ready.

"At the count of three. One two-"

Then, Neville Longbottom hovered off the ground.

"Neville, what are you doing?"

"We aren't supposed to go yet!"

"Mr. Longbottom! Come down at once!" Madam Hooch yelled.

Neville looked scared. You were able to tell that he really had no idea about what he was doing.

He then took off, higher and higher, bumping into the walls and then coming back, almost running over Madam Hooch and fellow students.

Then he before you knew it, he was caught high off the ground. Then he fell.

Madam Hooch ran to him.

"Oh my, I hope he's alright." You said to Hermionie, who was standing next to you.

"I feel bad for him. That must have been very frightful." She replied, a look of concern on her face.

"Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. If I catch any brooms in the air, the students riding will be expelled before they can say Quidditch."

You looked at Madam Hooch make her way to the hospital wing with Neville.

"Well look here. It's Neville's Rememberal." Malfoy said. Yoy looked back to see him holding what belongs to Neville. "Maybe if he had given this a squeeze, he would have remembered to fall on his fat ass."

Malfoy and some of the class laughed.

Harry stepped forward. "Give it here Malfoy!"

Draco glared at him. "No. I'll hide it somewhere for Neville to find."

He then went in the air with his broom, clearly showing he had experience with flying.

Harry glared up at him and mounted his broom.

"Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said! And besides, you don't even know how to fly!" Hermionie said.

Harry ignored her and flew anyway.