"Really, Mer? Did the patient tell you that?" Max hardly believed the situation.

"Yes. Don't page him, he's terribly unpleasant" The patient groggily replied to Max.

"Holy shit" Max said startled, she was not expecting him to talk.

"Mr. Dunn is a match, for the kid who needs the transplant. He's a match"

"Uh, right, well. You probably have a brain bleed, which is why we need to get Shepherd in here" Max blinked her eyes a couple times at Meredith, she wasn't sure with this was real.

"Max, he's gonna die anyway" Meredith looked at Max, her breathe was harsh and her words were thick.

"The boy who needs organs I presume wants to live and me? I have organs and I'm ready to die" Mr. Dunn looked at Max, she watched as his lips made a small smile.

"Dr. Grey, can we please talk to you in private" Max looked at Meredith before turning to walk out of the room.

"I don't think you understand what you're saying right now, Dr. Grey" Max said as soon as the patients door shut.

"I know it feels wrong on so many levels, I can't even count them but there is no cases in any medical book that tells you how to deal with this situation" Meredith defended herself.

"I don't need to read some book to tell me what to do, we need to do what's best for our patient and I think you need to do the same" Max shook her head at Meredith, how did she think this would be okay?

"I am"

"Oh, oh, really? You page Shepherd yet?" Miranda spoke up.

"Are you gonna page him?" Meredith asked Miranda.

"It is not our job to do yours so don't try and make us feel guilty, we are going to do our best to keep that little boy alive long enough to find him organs, I suggest you do everything you can to your patient alive. We are doctors, Dr. Grey, we do not get to choose who lives and who dies" Max rolled her eyes at Meredith and walked out of the hallway and back up to where she was actually needed.

"Okay, you two are on Jackson duty all day today

"Okay, you two are on Jackson duty all day today. He doesn't have a liver or intestines which mean toxins are gonna build up and his brain is gonna swell. We cannot stop that from happening but we can try our hardest to slow it down" Max looked at Alex who was nodding along and then to Izzie who had her head down, "Steven, I'm gonna need a nod, something so I know that you are following along"

"Yes, I'm sorry. I am all yours"

"Dr. Bailey, how much time do we have left?" Richard asked walking up to the group with Arizona.