Max was lucky that she was able to fall asleep in the on call room, nowadays sleeping was hard without Mark next to her. It wasn't until her alarm went off when she finally got out of the bed, 5:30 in the morning was usual for Max so she hardly complained considering she was used to it but today was different, today she got woken up at 2:30 for nothing.

She had gotten a text from Derek telling her to meet him in maximum security area, she had heard about his patient and if she was being honest, she really didn't want to go down there but she made her way over there anyway.

"Shep? What's up?" Max said walking past the guards and into the hallway, "Oh wow, that ponytail is very high. Is there a reason for that?"

Meredith turned to face Max, "Derek mother is in town" She said giving Derek a pointed look.

Max turned her heels so that she was facing Derek, "And why wasn't that important to tell me? I just talked to her and she didn't say anything about coming down"

"I guess it was a whim thing, she wanted to meet Meredith and she talking about meeting up with your Mom to play some game, Bridge I think" Derek explained sheepishly.

"Right, We haven't spoken in awhile so we got all caught up, she mentioned coming down but I didn't think it would be this soon" Max said remembering the conversation she had with Carolyn.

"Yes well, thank you for that. Now Meredith is wearing a skyscraper as a ponytail" Derek said pointing to Meredith head.

"You're welcome" Max said with a smile, "So you texted me to meet you down here so you can tell me that your mother is in town?"

"Pretty much" Derek gave her a matching smile, Max rolled her eyes before turning back around so she could exit the hallway. She had yet to check on Jackson and see the progress of the organs, that was her next stop.

Standing next to a group of doctors, Max looked as Mrs

Standing next to a group of doctors, Max looked as Mrs. Prescott was pacing back and forth.

"Any word form U.N.O.S.?" Mrs. Prescott asked Max.

"Not yet, Dr. Karev is staying in constant contact with them" Max reassured.

"How much longer will we have to wait? Are lovers and intestines hard to find?" Mrs. Prescott asked, she was concerned and it was very obvious.

"Well, Jackson's blood type is O-positive, it shouldn't be too difficult to match" Sadie told the Mom.

"But he's had blood transfusions, which means there could be extra antibodies that are hard to match so we need to be patient, Melinda. In the meantime, um, I need to run some test on Jackson to check his electrolytes" Miranda said after Sadie, even Max could tell the Miranda was slightly irritated.