Chapter 20 - Cardonian Might

Start from the beginning

These chants echoed throughout the throne room. As massive cheers erupts also from the palace grounds.

The King and the Crown Prince proceeded outside, the two walks side by side as they approached a small stage in front of the Royal Guards and now a massive numbers of citizens gathered outside the palace.

"LONG LIVE CARDONIA" the Royal Guards shouted as they aim their guns on the air.

"BANG"

"BANG"

"BANG"

Three volleys of fire, this is a tradition of the Royal Guards in every time a historic event took place. Crowning a King, a Crown Prince, the birth of the first line of Royal blood and for today, appointment of Regent.

A small banquet followed the historic event. The Regent took the opportunity to privately discuss more on the issue with the Kingdom of Archesia. With the Princess as their representative, formal diplomatic ties had resumed.

A day had passed, the Princess and her Knights were on the move for every hour since last night. They are called to meetings by different ministers and nobilities. These are in concern in economic ties between the two. Every official has their sights on Archesia as the Regent previously mentioned that it flourished with natural resources. They have vital commodities that will kick start many industries inside the Kingdom back in action.

"These economic ties they speak of is unreal. They will pay us in gold for our goods and at the same time will handle the cost of transportation and establishment of infrastructure." the head Knight Emmane thinks out loud.

"Whats more is their technology transfer and security ties. Our Kingdom will advanced a hundred years, no, even a couple hundred!" excitingly remarks one the Knights.

"We will catch up with the Central continents in no time. Heck Cardonia even surpasses them by even a thousand years." remarks by another Knight.

"If they are true to their words, these benefits would definitely clear the name of Cardonia as a great traitor. And based on their reasoning the current generations didn't know their history at the first place. This is more than enough to heal the wounds between our two countries." the Princess then remarks.

They've finished the day exhausted, but they were delighted what the Palace has provided them.

But on the next day, they were summoned by the Regent.

They are to discuss the threat of the Empire of Scolus. For the last two days there were no major movement of troops of the Empire. The air force has finally formulated a plan to weaken them. Back at Earth, the 400km distance is not a problem for fighter jets. But with the lack of GPS, navigation beyond the border has a large probability of getting lost.

Thus plan calls for a systematic use of a ground base radar, a AEWACs plane would now fly towards the outer edges of the range of the ground base radar and will extend radar coverage for another 400km, with a total of 700km range, aircrafts could now even scout as far as the Principality of Timone.

It was reported the Principality was holding on in one of their forts. Thus the Regent proposed to help them with the use of airstrikes.

They couldn't take any offensive action towards the fortress city of Schielde. As they may inflict civilian casualties and was deducted as very risky.

Thus the only viable option was to conduct a landing and rescue the trapped civilians by force.

As Regent, the Crown Prince has now complete authority on the whole armed forces. Previously he needs the King's approval to proceed such military actions.

But this time, they are to land an expeditionary force, this are probably the first time that the Cardonian Navy would do this for real besides the usual training exercises.

The Regent told the Princess and her Knight to accompany him to the city of Cleos, where the offensive are being planned and prepared. And for then to meet the crew of Crelant before they are transported towards the Town of Brancel.

The landing force would contain two Region Class Landing Ship Tank, two R-Class frigates, a Scout class Frigate and a Flower class corvette. The landing force would contain around 1200 troops along with their equipments.

It's a massive cost and of course would entail a lot of financial costs. But one of the reasons the Regent pointed out, is that they need to help Archesia for them to continue their diplomatic and economic ties. And what's more those thousands of beast are a real threat and this mission entails a humanitarian side. They shouldn't helplessly watch as those citizens trapped in the fortress get killed one by one.

With these reasons in place, the naval landing in the fortress city of Schielde was a go. And tomorrow morning the task force would sail towards Schielde.

Within the next day, the Regent and the Princess used the train to get to the city of Cleos.

They were then directly proceeded to the now bustling naval base. Equipments and goods are relentlessy being transported to the base. At this point the Archesians have already got used to the advanced technology they are seeing.