nine | weekend plans

Noah Swan had died from stupidity, craving a rush from the ocean

Noah Swan had died from stupidity, craving a rush from the ocean. Freya Swan had stood by to watch, believing in her brother given his proven ability in swimming. Now she stood by watching Bella's own stupidity, not knowing why she was allowing her cousin to go through with this.

"Okay," Bella climbed onto the motorbike, lips pressing together firmly as she gazed at the vehicles.

"You look scared," Jacob noticed.

"I'm not," she replies, looking up with somewhat confidence. Jacob smiles, not quite believing her.

"Can't we just sell them?" Freya questions again.

She shook her head. "I want to do this."

"Alright," Jacob shares a look with Freya with a small smile - a promise that he'll keep her safe. His hands rest over Bella's, instructing her. "Brake. Clutch. Gas."

The bike revs. Freya chews on her lip nervously.

"Ready?" He questions Bella. "Now slowly release the clutch."

She freezes, body turning stiff as Freya watches. The bike jerks forward as Bella lets go of the clutch too quickly, a frightened gasp as she jumps.

"Woah," Jake says.

"Bella?" Freya steps forward.

"You alright?" Jacob questions.

"I'm going to go again," Bella answers to them both, leaving them a little surprised. She doesn't give them a chance to respond, zooming past them on the bike. Afraid, Freya finds herself grabbing hold of Jacob's hand, squeezing it. There's nothing they can do now but watch, hoping Bella can drive the bike just as easy as her truck.

Yet she doesn't seem to be concentrating on the road ahead of her as she becomes distracted. Freya's grip tightens, watching as the bike starts to jerk.

"Hit the break!" Jacob shouts.

Bella is flung from the bike as Freya gasps, watching as her body rolls straight into a rock. Jacob's hand disappears from Freya's grasp as he jumps onto the spare bike, hurrying to Bella's aid. Freya soon follows behind them.

"Your head," Jacob speaks as Freya reaches them. Her eyes flicker to Bella's head, alarmed by the blood trickling down. Bella seems to notice it for the first time, noticing the pain that came with it too.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry." She apologises.

"You're apologising for bleeding?" He questions surprised but Freya understands why. Bleeding around Edward and his family had proven to be a problem given what Bella had told the girls about her birthday party. It seemed to be the cause of why Edward had left. "Yeah. I guess I am."

"It's just blood, Bella," he tells her. "No big deal."

"It is a big deal," Freya corrects him.