forty-four | a wedding from hell

Out of all the things Freya Swan could be doing, and here she was getting ready for a wedding

Out of all the things Freya Swan could be doing, and here she was getting ready for a wedding. A wedding where she wished the groom would drop down dead.

Her mother fussed, insisting that Freya wore the bridesmaid dress similar to Rosalie and Alice. If Freya had truly been here, then she would have been the maid of honour and have been in charge of making the wedding cake.

"I'm not wearing it," Freya now snapped.

Natalie frowned, hands on her hips. "Don't use that tone with me, Freya Swan."

Freya rolled her eyes, inwardly groaning at the torture that Aro was keen to put her through. While she had been ordered to somewhat behave herself at the wedding, Freya didn't remember recalling her parents being a part of the plan. They hovered, constantly eager to find their child within the siren.

"Freya," Natalie pursed her lips, debating whether to beg with her. "Nancy is the Flower Girl, so please, for her sake, can you act yourself?"

Freya's nose curled at the thought of facing a child, one who would have a wolf guard. Her parents had told her that they had agreed for Seth to protect Nancy since the supernatural currently was a threat, but once things had calmed down, then Seth would step back so that Nancy could have a normal life without the influence of the supernatural. Apparently, it had been agreed once Billy Black and Sue Clearwater had told Freya's family everything that had been happening, as well as the tragedy of Freya Swan.

It had taken a while for her parents to grasp onto their new world, which came with them grieving for the loss of a second child. The only thing that had kept them going was the pressure of acting as if Freya wasn't gone (apparently she had been at a summer camp in California) for the sake of Charlie and Nancy.

Freya had been cruel to her parents, enjoying every moment of it as she told them the joy she felt in killing Riley Biers, and then she had shared her plans for the next full moon. Her mother had cried, fleeing from the room as her father had simply sat in shock.

"Charlie will be there too," Natalie now added. "And... he thinks you were at the summer camp, okay? Humans aren't... supposed to know about the Volturi, Freya, so I suggest you go along with it."

That was true, Freya supposed. Her parents were the only exception due to the Quileute tribe being the one to tell them, so the Volturi could not move against the Cullen's because of that.

"Very well," Freya agreed but didn't promise to be an angel.

In the end, Freya ended up putting on the lilac dress simply because it would be expected of Freya Swan to wear, but the Volturi necklace still remained firmly place — another reminder, along with Aro's constant presence in her head. Apart from that, she refused to engage with Bella, having made it known multiple times that this wedding should not be happening. If Freya had her own way, then Edward would die at the altar before they could even say their vows. That would certainly be something for Forks to talk about.