four | crazy beach chick

"Right, so you went to the theatres and now we're building motorcycles," Freya shook her head at her cousin

"Right, so you went to the theatres and now we're building motorcycles," Freya shook her head at her cousin. She was happy that something had sparked her cousin back to life, but motorcycles? Really? "Clearly, Jessica didn't have a hand in this."

"It doesn't matter," Bella told her, clutching the steering wheel tightly. "I just need to do this."

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" Freya asked.

"A friends," Bella replied.

Freya wondered what friend that could possibly be since Bella hadn't spoken to anyone other than Freya in months. The only time she had gone out was the previous night with Jessica Stanley as a way to keep her dad happy and to stop him from sending Bella away to live with her mother. Now they were suddenly getting into reckless activities with questionable friends that somehow had made zombie Bella walk and talk again.

Luckily, the sky was grey today with it likely only being fifty-per cent chance of rain. Somehow both girls had gone these months without a single drop of rain touching them. Their mermaid-selves had become apart of their everyday lives. Bath times were simply a joy for Freya now.

Bella pulled down a road, leading to a wooden shack of a house that appeared to be just the one floor. It was oddly familiar to Freya,  but she couldn't recall who lived here. Freya had old childhood memories tucked away.

Both teens climbed out of the vehicle with Freya hearing a man's voice calling for her cousin. She walked around the truck to stand by her cousin, noticing that it was Jacob Black running towards them with a bright pearly smile plastered on his face.

"Oh," she realised — he was the friend. Billy Black's son.

"Where the hell have you been, loca?" He wrapped his arms around Bella, spinning her around that managed to crack a smile on her face. If only Freya thought to take a picture as evidence to her parents and Charlie. Apparently Jacob Black was more help for Bella then Freya was.

"Hey," Bella greeted him once she was planted back on the ground again. She pointed behind herself to where Freya stood. "This is Freya. Freya, Jacob."

Jacob's attention fell onto the brunette as her cheeks flamed to see his eyes narrowing at her. He was studying her, which made her uncomfortable as she kicked a random stone on the ground.

"Hey," she gave a small, nervous wave.

"I know you," he said that caused Freya to look up again, eyebrows raising.

"I'm Derek Swan's daughter," Freya informed him. "He goes fishing sometimes with Charlie and your dad."

"Yeah," he nodded. "I remember you from when we were kids. But you're also the crazy chick from the beach."

Freya laughed. "I don't go to the beach."

"It was you," he nodded his head, confirming whatever memories floated in his mind, despite the strain expression that pulled his eyebrows tight. He was confident it was her, but his memories of it were blurry. "I tried to help you, but you just blanked me. Then you ran off into the sea and disappeared."