forty-three | the siren's tale

Freya had caused a divide between the family and a few couples

Freya had caused a divide between the family and a few couples. An argument had broken out, to whether they should let the siren inside their home. Bella had insisted that if it wasn't the Cullen's, then it would be on Quileute ground and she would go with Freya — obviously, Edward had not liked that, so had kicked up a fuss. It was amusing to Freya, having never expected the Cullen's to be fighting over her.

"I refuse to let a siren into our home, Carlisle," Rosalie argued, but glared at her husband, who had voted for Freya to stay. "Emmett, you're incredibly foolish sometimes."

"I agree with Rose about Freya," Alice stated, head held high as she ignored her husband's protests. "I can't see Freya's future, so who's to say what she'll do?"

"I can't do anything," confessed Freya, bitterly.

"It's true," Edward told them. "Freya is under the order to only kill if her life is threatened."

Jasper's golden eyes fell on the siren. "Is that order in place to protect the town, too?"

"I have permission to kill on a full moon," Freya declared, knowing one came soon after the wedding that she was looking forward to. "But I will not choose my victim in the area."

Bella's mouth fell open at that. "Wait... Freya, have you killed someone?"

"Perhaps a few," Freya admitted, feeling no remorse to those that had fallen to her hand.

Rosalie glared at her. "She's defiantly not staying!"

"Rose," Esme scolded. "Freya has come as our guest and she needs our help."

"You don't have a choice," Freya added as her eyes shifted between Alice and Rosalie. Even when Freya was far from Italy, Aro was like a bee that constantly buzzed within her head. The only difference now was that she couldn't quite make out Aro's thoughts, and it was the same for Aro too. "Aro commanded me to stay with you, so I'm staying."

"Then it's settled," Carlisle decided, trying his best to smile at the situation. "Freya, why don't Esme and I show you to our guest room? Perhaps we can call your parents about a change of clothing..."

Freya knew it was coming: they would call her parents, followed by the pack, and then the drama would start while she simply sat there, smiling innocently like the Volturi wanted her to do. Perhaps they were using her to start a war between the coven and the shape-shifter's, so then they could intervene. But there was no fooling Edward Cullen: he knew she was here as a spy for the Volturi.

Surprisingly, it only took thirty-minutes for the first round to arrive as Freya barely had the chance to unpack what little belongings she had. She had refused to change, knowing that everyone squirmed at the sight of her Volturi uniform. Then, she had sat, kicking her feet up on their coffee table as she grinned at the vampires for the sound of paw prints to break her moment of peace. Carlisle had disappeared to get the door while Bella tried sitting closer to Freya, starring at her cousin in disbelief.