fifty-eight | siren takedown

Carlisle had a plan, apparently

Though, it came to no surprise as he led Freya towards his temporary treatment room that had been set up for Bella's sake. The doctor opened the fridge, reaching for tubes of liquid as Freya caught her name taped to a few towards the back. Once he picked up Elodie's tubes, he turned to the cupboards, pulling out needles and syringes.

"Uh, what's the plan, Doc?" Jacob asked, becoming just as confused as Freya was.

"The plan I have might work, but I haven't had a chance to trial it yet," Carlisle informed them.

"You've been making something?" Freya realised.

"Your blood," Carlisle explained. "Ever since I've taken samples of your blood, I've been studying it to find a way to sedate a siren without having to rely on Jasper. If it works, then it should protect your mind from the siren too, preventing you from waking."

"What? Why didn't you tell us you were doing this?" Freya questioned, surprised.

"Because I didn't want to give you false hope or let you down," Carlisle admitted. "I'm not sure if it'll work, but it should work." 

"How would it work?" Jacob asked.

"A siren can be controlled by a vampire," explained Carlisle. "I've taken a concentrated form of my venom and mixed it with your blood. This," Carlisle held up the bag he had prepared. "Is my venom mixed with Elodie's blood." 

If Elodie wasn't in trouble, then perhaps Freya would be a little freaked out to know that Carlisle had been experimenting with their blood. However, if it worked, then it could potentially save Elodie.

"So, you will control Elodie?" Freya guessed.

"Not exactly," said Carlisle. "If it works, then the venom will be enough to take over Elodie's mind, preventing the siren from doing anything. Elodie will be trapped inside of herself as long as we keep her under."

Freya's heart broke. "For how long?"

"Until either Paul decides to risk the full moon or Elodie's bitten," Jacob said, looking at Carlisle. "Is that right?"

"Yes," Carlisle answered. "For now, it will restrain Elodie to protect herself and everyone until the decision is made. Once Elodie's caught, then we can discuss the options with Shelley and Paul."

"Then...how comes the siren is still around when Aro controls my mind?" Freya asked, trying to understand. "His venom is inside me, but it doesn't control me."

"Aro and the siren are only in control when Jacob's not around," Carlisle explained. "When Aro bit you, you had the venom inside of your body, but the majority of that is gone. It's the bite that connects you and Aro. This serum I've created holds a higher trace of my venom and will repeatedly go through Elodie's system, keeping her paralysed."