One

Flashback to seven months earlier

Max finally got up from the hospital bed and made her way to her car, she still hadn't come up with a way to tell Mark and she definitely wasn't ready to tell Maeve.

Hopefully the ten minute car ride to her house will make things better, but probably not and she knew that as soon as Mark saw her she'll just spit it out, like she had no lock to keep her mouth shut.

She was coming up toward her house, that short ten minutes did not help whatsoever but she had already stayed at the hospital a lot longer then supposed to and she was already getting text from Mark. Sighing from the front seat of her car, she turned off her car and unbuckled her seatbelt, looking at her glowing house she made the trip inside.

"I'm home!" Max yelled from the front door, locking it behind her and then walking into the living room.

"Me and Daddy were just watching a documentary" Maeve said with her mouth full of popcorn.

"Oh really? What about?" Max questioned.

"Just watching the investigation of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster on January 8, 1986 and how it broke apart 73 seconds Into its flight. No biggie" Maeve shrugged to her Mom before turning back to watch the documentary.

Max turned to look at Mark who was giving her a weird look, she nodded her head to the kitchen so he knew to follow.

"I'm going to get some more snacks, I'll be right back" Mark said to Maeve.

"Okay, I'll just be here trying to piece together what went wrong, my guess is that the gasses in the external fuel tank mixed and caused it to explode" Maeve told them, she wasn't really paying any attention to them which was good for Max's sake.

Mark followed Max into the kitchen, "What's up?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant" She spit out.

"I'm sorry, you're what?" Mark stutters out.

"I am pregnant, you know growing a human body in my stomach. That kind of pregnant" Max sassed back.

"Holy shit-"

"I know, you don't want another kid-"

"Are you kidding me? This is awesome! Maeve gets a little sibling, we get another child. This is the greatest news I've heard in a long time" Mark said excitedly, he was still shocked of course but nonetheless he was happy to have a second chance at fatherhood.