"What are you gonna do to us?" 10k asked when he came to. We were walking through the woods. 

"You'll be treated exactly how you deserve to be." The man said. The people that were in their camp were chanting.

"What are they saying?" 10k asked. 

"Can't make it out. Something in their native tongue." Doc said. 

"What does zendigo mean?" 10k asked.

"I'll tell you what zendigo means. It's a plague you both carry. White man's disease." The man said. 

"I dunno what you're talking about, but I can assure you we both had our shots," Doc said. 

"Your people infected us before. Zendigo nearly destroyed my people. We vowed never to allow that to happen again." He said.

"Hate to burst your bubble there buddy, but I'm neither white nor male so, can I be let go?" I asked. We were taken to a secluded part of their camp. We were pushed onto our knees. The man raised a hand and smacked 10k across his face. Blood dripped onto his lip and he spit the remaining out. 

"I'm only gonna ask you one more time. What are you doing on tribal land? You're trespassing on sacred ground." He said.  

"We didn't know anything about it being sacred anything," Doc said. 

"We were trying to get away from a zombie mega horde, which is headed straight this way whether you believe us or not," 10k said with a hint of venom.  

"Your trespassing is the only thing that would lead them to us-" The leader was cut off.

"Lead them to you? Have you seen that massive crowd of brain-eating ghouls? Ain't nobody leading that. All we're trying to do is get out of its way. You people should too." Doc said. 

"Leave our land again? Never. I will die here. This horde is no different than any other that has come before. These creatures aren't interested in our people. They're only after you. They're a manifestation of your disease." He said picked 10k up off the ground and pushing him back. Tommy was getting mad. "You destroy everything you come into contact with. These creatures aren't the plague that can kill us. You are." The leader said.

"Ay, Dios Mio," I said. "Look, zombies don't give a shit about what race you are. Native American or not, Latino or American, you're going to die by a bite." I said.

"That's enough!" A woman yelled. "Gordon, you've got to give this zendigo bullshit a rest." She said walking up to him. 

"You know I don't go by that name anymore." He said. 

"If mom was still alive, she'd smack you upside the head. It's great to tap into our heritage and all, but give me a break." She grabbed 10k and helped me off the ground. 

"Where are you taking them?" He asked. 

"To the infirmary." She said back. We sat down in a makeshift tent and the sister looked over me and 10k while another lady took a look at Doc. The two of them left and 10k spoke up.

"Thank you for helping us." He said. 

"It's the least I can do. You got to forgive my brother. He doesn't mean to be such a jerk. He's just trying to protect us." she said. 

"He does know the zombie virus affects everyone, right?" I asked. 

"My brother's no fool. He was a professor for the Native American Studies Department at the University. He thinks that if we can avoid contact with the outside world that eventually the zombies will die off and somebody will synthesize a cure." She said.