The nightmares begin

*WARNING* Read with caution, if you have a weak stomach or get upset easily, please read with caution, this chapter isn't for the faint of heart. It contains explicit details on what is wrong with Connor and it's gruesome so please take my warning seriously, if you don't want to read it please skip it as it does contain mentions of rape.

Sawyer POV

"I got him Jake, I got Connor. We'll be at the pack house in thirty minutes, going to the clinic as soon as we arrive, he is Jake um just prepare yourself. He is hurt, badly. I did my best to clean him up and I threw up when I saw how his body looked. Just be prepared ok?" Jayden said those words twenty minutes ago so we came to the doors of the clinic and have been waiting since we got here for Connor.

Since that Easter day, I have not been able to look at Jake and not feel guilty about Connor being taken, if only I had been stronger, not so worried about my unborn pup and just focused on the rogues surrounding the truck trying to get me to crash. If only I had driven faster we wouldn't have been stopped and my pup would still be alive and Connor would have been safe.

I can't help but to feel guilty and I have been depressed since, same as Jake. He doesn't look at me like he used to, he doesn't touch me, we only spend a few minutes a day in a room with other's and that is to just really keep our wolves somewhat sane but it isn't enough, I want to be in his big strong arms holding me and telling me he loves me. I miss him, I miss us. I just want how we used to be back but that will never happen, so long as we keep this distance between us.

Jayden's car comes to a screeching halt and the driver gets out and opens the door and Jayden gets out carrying a small boy, a boy who doesn't look seven in his arms and he runs past us to the doors for the clinic and he puts Connor on the bed and the doctors and nurses start working on him.

When they removed his clothing exposing his naked body, Jake roared so loud his eyes turned pitch black and the building shook. Connor has new and old bruises, his hips and shoulders have huge hand prints that look like a permanent indent, his penis and sac look so damaged and red and raw with lash mark's that I felt sick to my stomach and hunched over and threw up some on the floor. I wiped my mouth and kept watching them as they examined Connor. They opened his legs and Jake lost it, his backside is the size of a full grown man's fist. His butt cheeks are red and purple with what looks like whip lashes again and won't stop bleeding, his whole body, it's the sickest site I have ever seen.

I look around me and noticed I wasn't the only one who got sick and feels the way i do. Danny is sobbing into Craig's chest, Jayden is holding Alex, Jaylen and Alek but the most heart breaking of us is Jake. He is kneeling at the side of the bed holding Connor's hand and sobbing asking why this is happening to him, why must his son be in pain and hasn't he been hurt enough. He cursed the moon goddess to hell and back.

Three years, three horrible long years he's been missing, I'd curse her to. The doctor tells Jake he needs to get Connor into surgery since they are done with the exam to see the extent of his injuries and Jake kisses Connor's forehead softly and his tears fall on his head and Jake wipes them tells Connor he loves him and they wheel him into the OR.

"Sawyer." Jake chocked out and fell into my body and I quickly wrapped my arms around him as he sobbed his heart out. Everyone was silent, no one dares say a word about an Alpha crying, especially over his injured son. I just sat on the floor against the wall holding my broken mate. It may not be the ideal situation but I am happy to have him so close after so long of being apart in many ways. I noticed he stopped sobbing and his breath evening out, he fell asleep. I ran my fingers softly through his hair and the other on his back as he slept. No one said a word, to lost in thoughts of Connor I'm sure. I felt tears fall from my eyes as I finally let it all in. I sobbed quietly so I didn't wake Jake up.

A few hours later the doctor comes out and Jake has been awake for about an hour so he gets up and stands waiting for doctor Scott to give him the news.

"Ok so Alpha the news on Connor it's not good. He has internal injuries that I repaird as best I could. He has to have a colostomy bag and a tube in his bladder. He may have to have the bag for a long while because his intestine was so damaged I had to remove some of it. His anus won't be healed for a long time because of this and his prostate was severely damaged. His penis isn't functioning properly thus the tube in his bladder, his testicles also were severely damaged so when he gets older, I will test his sperm, he may not be able to have children, he may not be able to even have an erection when he hits puberty. It's a waiting game for this. He is severely under weight and he has a fever and his immune system is very weak. We have a feeding tube to get his body healthy and an IV for fluids as he is dehydrated. He is sleeping right now, I'm not sure when he will wake up but when he does, be prepared for it to be a shock on him since he doesn't know he's home. You can go see him. I'm so sorry for this Jake but he is a fighter and will get through this in time." Once Scott walked off, Jake took a shakey breath and walked to the room Connor is in and he opened the door and sat in the chair next to the bed and grabbed Connor's hand.

"Hey pup, haven't we been here before? I don't know what will happen but I promise you, I am here and I am never letting you down again. Twice you are hurt because of me, the first time is my fault for not paying close attention to your father to see the changes when he was pregnant with you and the second, I left Sawyer alone when he was driving back here, I left you both and you both were scared, hurt and alone because of me. I won't let it happen again, I swear it to God I will never let it happen again. I love you son, I am so sorry." He said and kissed Connor's hand and sighed. I sat beside him and took his other hand and we sat in silence watching Connor sleep.