Mate?

Sawyer POV

“Sawyer I just had a run in with Alpha Jake and he is one scary guy!” Brian said bursting into Beta Danny’s office. I asked Ben to ask him if I could use his office while they were gone so Danny and I are in his office talking, him at his desk and me in front of it in a chair when Brian runs in making Danny cock his head to the side and raise his brow.

“What did Alpha Jake do?” Danny asked when Brian noticed him in his office.

“He came to the infirmary to see his pup and I was checking on his vitals and when he saw me touching his pup he growled a warning growl telling me to back off and I put my hands up and backed away slowly.  A few minutes later I went to check on a warrior and I heard him demanding no one touch his pup in his Alpha tone and I over heard it. A little bit later I heard him talking to his pup and that’s when I left, didn’t want to be there for a personal moment with him bonding with Connor. He was told he can hold him so he is now, it’s a beautiful site. I caught a glimpse as I left,  Alpha Jake shirtless whew by the way holding his son on his naked chest rocking slowly with his eyes closed and talking softly. It was beautiful and so sweet.” Brian said huffing out of breath when he was finished.

“Well I would and have done the same thing. He’s an Alpha and his pup was harmed and he just lost his mate so of course he isn’t going to trust a non pack member who he doesn’t recognize, him or his wolf so his instincts came out and you’re lucky you just got a warning growl because Jake takes family very seriously. Also your comment about his naked chest wasn’t needed. He is soon to be Alpha and your Alpha at that so don’t let me hear you comment on my son’s body again.” When Danny said my son Brian’s eyes went wide and his cheeks a bright red.

“I’m sorry, I won’t.  What do you mean my Alpha, am I to be living here permanently?” He asked with worry in his voice.

“What is your place in your pack, I can tell it’s of high rank but I know it’s not Alpha or Beta, I’m going to say Delta?” Danny asked and Brian nodded.

“Alright. Well Alpha Ben and my brother, Alpha Hunter talked and my twin son’s are mated to his twin brother’s and since we all have become like family these past few months they have come up with an agreement to merge packs. The only thing holding it back is Jake. Hunter wants Jake to be in on this decision as he is to be Alpha, next month in fact but I don’t know if he wants it now or not. I don’t know what he is feeling or thinking, he has closed himself off from everyone so  now it’s…” he stopped talking and his eyes glazed over and he stands up suddenly.

His eyes return to normal and he starts stripping.

“There was a few wolves spotted at the boarder so going to check it out. Your welcome to join.” He said and shifted and ran out of the office. Brian and I nod and we do the same.

As were running in the woods I see this massive black wolf and I get the scent of apple wood smoked chips with a hint of cherry and my mouth waters at the scent and I know that wolf is my mate.

As we slow down at the clearing there are eight men standing there naked with their arms across their chests waiting. The massive wolf of my mate shifts into the most sexy beautiful muscular tall man with light brown hair and strong back. I can’t see his eyes from where I’m at though.

“Who are you and why are you about to cross onto my lands?!” His voice booms into the open air and it causes all us wolves except Ben and Hunter to whimper.

“We came for Kevin, heard he was here.” One of the men said and I heard growls coming from Jake, Danny, Hunter, Ben, Brian and myself.

“What makes you think I am going to hand over my mates killer?! You are out of your mind if you think I will do that! He is going to die so if you don’t want to join him in hell I suggest you get the fuck off my lands!” Jake roared and the men chuckled.