Easter

Jake's POV
4 year time jump, the book is almost over so had to do a time jump like this.

The years flew by since I became Alpha, Sawyer and I are expecting our first child. We found out last week and I couldn't be happier.

I didn't get to experience a pregnancy with Colson so I am enjoying everything Sawyer yells at me for or wants at two am, the mood swings though I find adorable and so cute because he is such a sweet man so to see him get mad over little things like I didn't put my shoes away or left a dish on the counter, it's adorable.

He is six weeks along with just one pup that we saw. He didn't show any signs of being pregnant, no sickness or being tired so we had no idea until one night we were in bed and I was in the mood so I started messing with his chest and he hissed and cried out that his nipples were very sensitive and well we had sex, he turned into a horny wolf in the blink of an eye. The next morning he got sick so we went to doc Scott and found out he was four weeks along so two weeks now we have known.

We are waiting to tell everyone until he is further along, in case anything happens. I am excited to become a daddy again.

Being a father is amazing and I love it. Connor has grown so much it's unbelievable.

He is trying to do everything himself and I don't like it. My little boy isn't so little anymore. He's four years old.

Today is Easter so we will be having lunch with daddy and papa and after lunch, we are taking the babies, mine, Ben's and my little siblings to town for an Easter egg hunt. The girls will be wearing little pink dresses with bunny ears headbands and white flats. The boys will be wearing blue tops with tan shorts and white tennis shoes. It was daddy and Conrad's idea to match the kids and they will be adorable. Ben's twins are five years old now, my sisters also and Connor is four and my mate is pregnant, I am surrounded by babies and it's great.

"Hey love, you about ready? Danny linked and said lunch is about ready. The kids are excited to go look for eggs so we gotta hurry." Sawyer said and I nodded and got up from my chair in my office and we went to daddy's house.

Sawyer was holding Connor's hand and I had a dish of corn casserole to add to lunch. I opened the door for my mate and son and went to the kitchen to see everyone chatting and laughing. I put the dish on the island and went to pick my sisters up and gave them kisses. They cupped my cheeks and gave me duckie kisses and giggled when I blew lightly on their little noses.

"I love you pups. Have you been good girls? We have a busy day so if daddy or papa need help, be my big girls I know you are and help alright?" I asked and they nodded their heads and smiled.

"We love you too Jakey!" They said and I put them down after more kisses and went to help take the dishes of food to the dining room table.

After everything was set, everyone sat down and after we gave thanks, everyone stated eating and had light conversations and the food was delicious.

"Daddy we go get eggs now?" Connor asked me while pulling at my shirt sleeve. I laughed and nodded. All the kids cheered and we all got up and cleaned the table off and put the food up and we got the kids cleaned up and went to our vehicles and after the kids were buckled in, we took the twenty minute drive to town.

The town was decorated with spring colors and had booths of Easter baskets, empty of course and one with drinks and another with snacks. The kids all ran to the booth to get a basket. They were able to decorate their baskets and they were off to look for eggs.

As we parents were trailing behind them an hour later, the kids started screaming and running back to us and it didn't take long to smell the stench of rogues and hear their growls and snarls. I picked up Sawyer and Connor and ran to my truck.

"Get to the pack house, make sure everyone is in the safe room and don't stop for nothing. Get home and stay safe. I'll run as far as I can to make sure you get on your way home. I love you. I love you pup." I kissed them and they told me they loved me and I shifted and Sawyer started driving. A lot of the vehicles were already gone back to the pack house. I ran as far as I could and watched Sawyer keep driving as I howled to let the pack know he's on his way.

I ran back towards town and tore through rogue after rogue until they were all either badly injured to take to the cells and integrate or dead. I looked around and saw Ben standing proud on all fours over a dying rogue, front paws tearing the rogues belly up and it took it's final breath and Ben got off him and looked over at me and nodded. Some warriors shifted and picked up the alive rogues and drug them to a van and put them in and we all headed back to the pack house. I went to my suite and showered quickly. I don't need my pregnant mate and son to see me all bloody.

After I got dressed I ran down to the safe room to be met by Ben and our Betas, my brother Jayden and his beta, Sean and I opened the door and everyone looked over at us and Conrad ran to Ben, Jaylen Alex and Alek ran to Jayden and Mack, Sean's mate ran to him. I went into the room but didn't smell or see my mate and son.

"Where are Sawyer and Connor?" I asked anyone near me. They all shook their heads and I felt my heart drop and ran out of the house, shifted and ran in the direction where Sawyer was supposed to take to get home.

I didn't see my truck on the path so I searched around the path and saw my truck's front end smoking and I ran over and shifted back and looked in the window and saw Sawyer knocked out and I looked in the backseat and saw Connor wasn't in his seat. I saw blood on the open door on the other side of the truck. I opened Sawyer's door and ripped the seatbelt off him and picked him up gently and I saw blood on the seat and he was pale and his heartrate was slowing down dramatically.