I miss my mate

Colson POV

You mean the world to me Colson, so if anything were to happen to you to get information about us when I can't do anything to help and find you, I don't know what I would do.

Those words from Jake's email keep running through my mind since I first got the email a few days ago. His words made sense, all of them. I didn't think about it the way he said because it didn't occur to me that someone could be listening and watching, and we wouldn't know. Ben was just concerned and wanted to make sure I was alright, and I understood that, but I also should have talked to him in private when we were back at base. Ben had given me the information Jake asked for and I set up a time for them to talk which is soon, I'm just waiting for him to call. I haven't slept well since I last talked to him, to upset about how he was upset with me, I somehow keep messing up in some sort of way and I am tired of it.

I just miss him so much it hurts and I know he misses me too, another thing I did to hurt him.

You would think the werewolf would hurt the human but no, he has been perfect, and I end up hurting him. Maybe he would be better off without me. If I reject him the right way he could move on and wouldn't have to worry about me anymore and worrying if I am going to hurt him again in some way.

I know, rejecting him will hurt him so that makes no sense, right? Well everything else I do seems to hurt him so why not just take myself out of his life the safest way to protect him from going into a damned coma this time. I love him with everything in me and they say if you love something set it free and if it comes back it's meant to be, well that didn't work the first time because of my fuck up so if I do it right and we come back together in the future maybe we are meant to be and if not, well I don't really want to think about that. Jake is the best thing to ever happen to me and I love him too much to keep hurting him like I do. The ringing of Skype brought me back to reality and I answered it.

"Hey handsome." I said when I saw his beautiful face and warm smile on the screen.

"Hey yourself. How are you?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm alright, I was just thinking is all. How are you doing? How is everyone?" I asked to get my mind off my thoughts.

"I'm the same, alright and busy. Been doing a lot of the Alpha duties and dad has been taking some time to be with the girls. I think he's about to hand over his title, but Den isn't old enough yet. Uncle Hunter and Mason have been letting me do a lot more so they can enjoy life some but it's alright, they all deserve it."

"That's great. Um why did you say Jayden? I thought they both were going to be betas along side you?"

"Len doesn't want to, he wants to train to be a pack doctor, his passion is medicine so that's what he decided, and Den and I spoke at length with him about it and he is passionate about it so he is training some in his free time. Who knows by the time we have pups; he may be delivering them? That would be awesome. Are you alright baby? You're crying." He said and I didn't notice the tears that fell from my eyes.

"Yea just can't wait to go home. I'm glad things are going good at home. Listen Jake I am really sorry about everything I have done to hurt you. You are just to perfect to be hurt so much by someone like me. If it's not one thing it's another and I have no idea how you are still wanting to be with me after it all. Six months ago, I was married, and you were happy. Six months ago, we met, and you went through hell because of me and still are, how much are you going to take before you finally give up on me?"

"Listen to me Colson, six months ago before we met, I wasn't happy, I was lonely. I longed to be with my mate, I wanted nothing more than to be with my mate. Granted we had a very bumpy start and things smoothed out some after I woke up and now this, I can handle it Colson. I love you and I don't want you to think you aren't good enough for me. You are Colson, you are perfect for me. You are my other half Colson, can't get more perfect than that. We have a long life ahead of us and this is just a hurdle and we will get over it and will make it. I know being apart is hard as hell gosh do I know that, I miss you so much and I worry about you all the time but, I know we will be ok. I know we will make it and you will be home in my arms soon enough."

"I love you too Jake, so much. It's just this is harder than I thought it would be. When I was with my ex-wife it wasn't this hard so it's taking it's tool on me. I'll be ok, when I get home, but I'll manage till then. Oh, Ben is here, he just walked in." Ben smiled at me and sat beside me and when Jake saw him, he was shocked.

"No fucking way! Ben!" Jake exclaimed and Ben chuckled and nodded.

"Hey man! It's good to see you! How you been?" Ben asked Jake.

"Hey! I'm alright, shocked to actually see you, when I read your name, I thought no way but to see you there with my mate, it's a shock, good but still a shock and I'm alright. I didn't know you were the Ben Colson was talking about which makes me feel not to good Ben. What were you thinking having that conversation in the open like you did? You Ben of all people know better man. Like I told Colson I'm not mad that he has you to talk to him, not at all. I am mad where you had the conversation. You both put my pack at risk with talking in the open like that and that didn't sit well with me. So far nothing has happened, and I hope it stays that way. From now on, keep talking about us to a minimum if you are out alright?

"Jake you know I wouldn't put you all at risk. I may not be as good as you are, but I am not going to harm you with anything I promise. I apologize for causing you any unnecessary stress and ill feelings toward me and Colson, please don't be upset with him, I can handle it but, he can't. I have known Colson for years and I would never put his life at risk, hell we fought in wars together Jake, trust me to watch his back." Ben said and I smiled at him and he winked at me.

"I didn't know it was you but that isn't really the point, just next time, watch what you say in public, alright?" Jake said with no room to argue and Ben nodded.

"You got it. How's the family doing?" Ben asked and Jake smiled.

"Good, dad had twins. Getting married and he is happy. Gosh Ben my dad is finally getting his happily ever after. I am so happy for him and Craig. The girls are so beautiful and growing so fast. I'll email pictures later of them so you can see them. I'll also send some just for you Colson." Jake said smirking and winked at me and I blushed.

"Thanks, I'll make sure to look at them when I'm alone. I need to get myself a laptop so I can check stuff alone without pervs looking over my shoulder like Ben here." I said chuckling and Ben slapped my arm playfully.

"Hey now, I have a mate who turns me on just fine thank you very much. If he didn't, we wouldn't be expecting pups!" Ben said proudly and Jake smiled wide.

"Congrats!! That is wonderful news Ben! I will have to contact him to see if he wants to come visit, it would be good to meet him, if that's alright with you of course. You can trust he will be safe while he's here Ben."

"Oh, I know, I will email him and give him your details and have him contact you. It would do him some good to get out of the pack for a bit. Do you some good to, these deployments are just as hard on you at home as it is for us so having a support group is good. Just like werewolves, the military is a big family, so support is important as you know. Conrad would love to visit you. I told him about you when I got home from camp and he was excited to hear stories of you. He thought I had a thing for you because I was excited telling him all about your camp experience and your family life."

"Speaking of family life..." Jake said and the next thing I know I see Danny, and both set of twins and Craig behind and beside Jake smiling and waving at the computer.

"Hey Colson! We miss you son!" Danny said looking at me with one of his girls in his arms.

"Hey, I miss you all too. Who is that beauty in your arms?"

"This here is Jazlyn and Craig has Jazmin. I can't wait till you have pups, but I also can wait, at least till the girls are at least three. Having little ones is amazing and a blessing but I don't know if I can handle newborns and two-year old's at the same time." Daddy said and I chuckled, and Jake scoffed.

"Whatever dad, you're an amazing father. You will be an even more amazing granddad. I for one can't wait to see you swollen with my pups' baby, you will be a sexy site." Jake said and again I blushed and shushed him, and everyone laughed. We spent another half hour just talking and I had to go on a patrol, but I was happy to finally talk to Jake and end the conversation on a happy note and got to see the family, my heart and mind are at ease.